• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May be time to relocate

superdave

NAXJA Forum User
Need some info about the coastal Georgia area. I am sure Savannah is wonderful, but might be out of my price range. I'm a small town kind of guy w/kids. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Would like to be within roughly 100 miles of the coast.

Good luck. I know you couldn't find a house like that in Clarksville for under 100k.

Sure you can, you are just looking on the wrong side of town.

Sorry, let me clarify:

If you are looking for a 4 BR house that's NOT in the ghetto, is larger than 1000 square feet AND in good enough shape you would want your family living in it, you can't find it in Clarksville for under 100k.

same here for bakersfield calif. my 2 bedroom apartment is 650 a month and im only allowed 1 parking space lol, BUT were 137 miles from the beach, 45 minute drive to magic mountain, a little futher for disneyland and further still for universal studios, seaworld we got leguna seca raceway and willow springs raceway monterey bay, venice beach, santa monica beach, maybe 4-5 hour drive to drive the rubicon trail, got some trails in gorman we got all kinds of neat stuff down here, 100+ degree heat during the summer, very little rain...

Check out some of the towns around Statesboro, GA. My wife and I are actually getting ready to relocate back to there (we both went there for college). 45 min from Savannah and plenty of small-town feel.

I would not live in Savannah for nothing. Very high crime/murder rate per capita. Statesboro is a College town, and there are some nice small towns near there. Blufton, SC is nice but pricey imho.

Back