• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front to rear spring swap on ZJ, opinions please?

modzj

NAXJA Forum User
I have heard of this swap and seen a few kits advertising this. I have a bunch of extra springs laying around and thought I might play. Since I know that I can acheive 6"+ of lift with a short arm setup, I am thinking of this swap with a 5.5" lift spring up front. My main question is I have a V8 and I know the front spring rate is different. How much lift will the V8 spring give me in the rear? Or should I just use a I6 spring? I have heard I can get 3.5" out of the I6 spring. Any help would be great.

Sorry, they allow ZJ's (Grand Cherokee) on here last time I was here. It may have changed though. Thanks for the other site looks great.

modzj said:
Sorry, they allow ZJ's (Grand Cherokee) on here last time I was here. It may have changed though. Thanks for the other site looks great.

we didnt say it was totally forbidden, some ZJ stuff is interchangable with XJ/MJ stuff.
we wouldnt mind helpin you out, but a ZJ, from the motor and front axle backwards, is totally different than an XJ, so we might not be of much help.

-Tim

Thanks guys. I have an MJ and an XJ too. Also I know you guys combined have a vast knowledge. Thanks again.

Back