• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crossmember Question

AL BUNDY

NAXJA Forum User
So I go to change my tranny mount today and I read up on here first to keep the x-member the same direction or the bolts wont line up. So I pay attention and go to put the x-member back on the way it was before and the bolts don't line up. I had to flip it around the other way for the bolts to line up. So before the holes to mount the skidplate were in the rear of the x-member, now they are in the front. Are the 2 skidplate holes in the middle of the x-member supossed to be in the front or the rear of the x-member?
Thanks.

90 4.0 AW4 242

Compare the mounting locations of the old and new trans mount to see if they are different.

Hey Joe,
Haven't seen you around lately, where you been?
The old and new mount looked the same and were both offset towards the driver's side. If I would have switched it the other way it would have been even more in the wrong direction. The only thing I can think of is maybe I need to just bolt on the tranny mount the right way on the crossmember and pull it/force it over to where the side bolts line up.
Thanks for responding.

Hi Al.

Got to leave sunny So Oregon and spend some time in NW Montana--now I know where I want to live out the rest of my "golden years"!! Had a family reunion camping just outside of Glacier National Park. Even rained for 4 days, and that is better than triple-digit heat in my book!

Anyway, on topic, I would try and put it in as it was. Let us know if it works.

And say hi to Peg for me--that is one sexy red head!

Off topic, Glacier NP sounds great. I have heard only good things about Montana. It's on my list of places to go. So. Oregon, aren't you next to the Cascades up there? That's another place on my list.

Thanks for your help, as always.

Back