• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Planning to order new floorpans, but unsure what to get?

mtmc85

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a couple of questions. I removed the carpet in my cherokee to pressure wash it because it was nasty. Unfortunately, I have discovered a lot more rust then I anticipated. The front and rear floorpans on each side have holes big enough to stick my fist through. I found a company that sells them but they don't have any pictures or anything so I don't know what I'm really ordering. Here is the link to their page: https://ecat.shermanparts.com/base/welcome.php

Here is what they are called:

FLR PAN FULL LH 84-96 CHEROKEE
FLR PAN FULL RH 84-96 CHEROKEE

I assume they are like these:

a13b0ebb.jpg

ea318682.jpg

Now, if they are like that then that's all good and I plan to order them but what do I do with the crossbraces that are spot welded across the factory pans? Do I need to keep these?

Last, my welder broke. I'm not really in the position right now to buy a new one. Would it be sufficient to drill holes and use pop rivets all the way around and through the braces with seam sealer? Then go over everything with herculiner?

Sorry for the long post, thanks for any help.

Back