• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Needs Seats !!!

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
So the Jeep needs seats real bad, the stock seats are dirty & beat.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience, comments or suggestions regarding these two models that i am eying or any others for that matter.

1. Corbeau Moab
2. Corbeau Baja

Thanks
Pete

The Baja RS Off Road Seat will fit up to a 42 inch waist, while still comfortably fitting smaller drivers.
The Moab will fit up to a 40-inch waist and have moderate thigh bolsters.

The Baja RS and is equipped with the Corbeau Suspension system.
The Moab has a stock look but with added lateral support and harness capability.

I guess it's a choice depending on how big of a B*tt One has or their Family and Friends may have.

Personally, I like the Style of the Baja RS over the Moab.
I think the Baja RS may give more Area of Support for the Back and would be more Comfortable to move a Tired Ars Around In. Besides, I dislike Skinny Seats.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/baja_rs/

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/moab/#

Last edited:
Thanks for your response cher, when i mentioned the baja seats i was referring to the standard baja ss/ultra seats not the Rs.
I want to keep it under 220$ per seat.

Pete

I'm in the same place as you and have been eyeballing those same seats... For the money i think i'm going to go with the baja ss seats. 320 for the set on quadratec. IMO you can't beat that! full suspension seat for less than the moab seats. Up to you though, i mean it is your butt you're putting in it!

Guys please post up what you think of the seats once they are installed. I am torn between the buckets and the recliners.

I know if I ever move to a cage the recliner will be worthless but I don't see myself getting that crazy.

Thanks!

Ive got the the Baja's in my 95,the only down side is that they are so comfortable that I want to fall asleep while driving!

Ive got the the Baja's in my 95,the only down side is that they are so comfortable that I want to fall asleep while driving!

How wide are they? The website says 36-38 waist, I wonder how exact that is. I'm 6'4'' 250 with a 38'' waist and was wondering if I'd fit in the baja ss seats.

Last edited:
The Baja RS Off Road Seat will fit up to a 42 inch waist, while still comfortably fitting smaller drivers.
The Moab will fit up to a 40-inch waist and have moderate thigh bolsters.

The Baja RS and is equipped with the Corbeau Suspension system.
The Moab has a stock look but with added lateral support and harness capability.

I guess it's a choice depending on how big of a B*tt One has or their Family and Friends may have.

Personally, I like the Style of the Baja RS over the Moab.
I think the Baja RS may give more Area of Support for the Back and would be more Comfortable to move a Tired Ars Around In. Besides, I dislike Skinny Seats.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/baja_rs/

http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/moab/#

With the baja's or the moabs..how do they mount to the stock jeep seat bracket?? I have a 96 ckerokee that imn looking to replace the seats in but dont want to have to modify the brackets...

With the baja's or the moabs..how do they mount to the stock jeep seat bracket?? I have a 96 ckerokee that imn looking to replace the seats in but dont want to have to modify the brackets...

Youll have to buy or make mounts!
0603997-R1-018-7A.jpg

0603997-R1-022-9A.jpg

0603997-R1-036-16A.jpg

Thanks folks, I ended up purchasing and installing the NEW Baja JP seats and so far they are very comfy in my Cherokee.

I purchased the seats from John Baker @ KajoBuilt and he was very pleasant to deal with ([email protected]). The seats cost $229 each shipped. I Originally used the Corbeau Brackets and soon realized that they were way off in having the seat sit way too high. I made my own using some simple steel and hardware.

Enjoy the pics and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.
Pete

Back