• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

junk yard drive shaft???

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
SO i have a 99 xj with a re 5.5" lift with a tom woods sye and shaft. so the shaft was sitting out of the car for some time and seized up on me. never got it open to inspect the splines but it is stuck bad. I dont want to spend the money on a new one so i was wondering if there is a junkyard shaft that should work. any ideas would be great. Anybody else ever deal with seized splines on a shaft????

Personally I would call up Tom Woods. Super great people and they may even be able to suggest something, or if you're really lucky, they could warranty it or repair it for cheap. Give 'em a call.

Definitely give them a call. They will hook you up. They stand behind their product no matter what.

But, to answer your question, a front drive shaft out of a XJ with an AW4 should work also. I keep a spare stock front shaft in the XJ with me, and it will fit front or back. I have front and rear tom woods shafts, but the stock front will work also.

~James

Definitely give them a call. They will hook you up. They stand behind their product no matter what.

But, to answer your question, a front drive shaft out of a XJ with an AW4 should work also. I keep a spare stock front shaft in the XJ with me, and it will fit front or back. I have front and rear tom woods shafts, but the stock front will work also.

~James

X2 on using a Front Drive Shaft out of an XJ with an AW4.
Give Tom Woods a call and ask them what you can do to free up your Driveshaft.

Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts, Inc.
2147 N. Rulon White Blvd.
Suite #103
Ogden, UT 84404

Customer Service Form: Contact Us Link

1-877-4xShaft
1-877-497-4238

8am - 5pm Mountain Time Monday through Friday

Hope this helps.

You should check out Ford Explorer D/S's, they fit and their a bit beefier and longer than stock. I think mine is from '95ish. There's probably quite a few that will fit with some creative thinking

You should check out Ford Explorer D/S's, they fit and their a bit beefier and longer than stock. I think mine is from '95ish. There's probably quite a few that will fit with some creative thinking
hmmm any specs on the exploder? like what to look for....

Back