• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting Issues - Please Help!

k_kuch

NAXJA Forum User
First off....this is not an XJ question - its a problem with my 2.5L TJ.

I was driving around town all day, every once in a while when I hit the gas, the engine would sputter a little bit. If i let off the gas for a few seconds it would go back to normal. Later in the day, my real problem began. I stopped at a buddys house for a few minutes, went back out to leave, turn the key - heard three clicks - figured it was a dead battery (somehow?) - tried jumping it and got nothing. No power at all, to anything. Tested the battery and its got plenty of juice. All connections seem to be good.... Any ideas?

Guessing....Start by checking the starter circuit. If you have no power to the starter, check the ignition switch, and on down the line.

Pull all your connections apart, clean them with scotchbrite or sandpaper, then with electric contact cleaner or brake cleaner or spray start, and reassemble firmly. Battery, starter, and grounds.

Back