• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix to HO full write-up

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
Iv searched. I cant find any detailed write-ups or good links. Can i get some help here people. links please. I know Iv seen them. thanks Tim

what exactly are you looking for pertaining to it? It is a very common and simple swap (if your mechanically inclined). If you have any particular question, fire me a PM and I can get ya some help.

The info Im looking for pertains to the electronics,adapting the manifold, and sensor issues. Basically Im just looking for detailed write-up on the swap.

Yaknow I don't think I've ever seen a complete write up. I didn't need one. The only thing that might require a writeup is the TPS adaptation, but if you look at it and understand the differences in the sensors, that's pretty easy to figure out too. If you're swapping a transmission too, just don't forget to use the flywheel/flexplate from the original, that's the only thing that stalled me good.

Thats probably because there isn't much to do. Besides mod the HO TB to accept the Renix TPS there are write ups on this.

so basicly mod the tps, drop on the HO manifold, adapt the fule lines to the HO fuel rail?

PS can i temperally use an HO injector in a renix motor without any ill effects. if i remember correctly the HO has a bit more flow? or are they the same? thanks tim

It depends on the year of the donor. At some point(95?) the fuel system was changed to a higher pressure system with no return line. I used a 93 motor so the fuel rail and pressure regulator could be made to work with the return line system in the Renix. There's a thread from not too long ago where someone put an earlier fuel rail on a later manifold, if you can find it, it mounts differently to different manifolds. If you have the manifold from 91-95, yes, just adapt the fuel lines, the regulator is the same as the renix, or should be. And I do know that the 93 injectors will work with the renix, except I got 11 mpg. The injectors flow more as the years go up, and at some point the system raised pressure. I would assume you do not want to use the higher pressure stuff at all. The correct injectors are certainly an important part of the swap.

Back