• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle vs Blocks

bkhudgins

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I have been thinking about removing my 1.5" blocks and installing some 2" lift shackles. I have been searching and alot of you guys are doing shackle relocation? Is it that bad without it? What is so wrong with the angle?

Anyone else run a similar set up of what I am wanting to do?

This is what I have now RE-4111= rear is 2.5" add-a-leaf and 1.5" block

Thinking about this 2.5" add-a-leaf and 2" shackle

Also I do not have a SYE and with my current setup do not have any vibes.
Thanks
Brian

If you wheel it, lift blocks are typically not a great idea. I've seen 'em split and/or get spit out. Not pretty when the rear axle suddenly rotates!

A 2" shackle will net about 1" of lift, since the shackle only moves one end of the spring. I've got a 3" skyjacker lift with replacement rear springs. Last year did a 2" shackle to compensate for the sagging rear springs. I know eventually I'll need to replace rear springs...if they keep sagging! Have had no issues with the 2" shackle though.

Yeah that is why i want to get rid of the blocks.
Was the shackle you used a 2" lift shackle or was it 2" longer? I was wanting to get 1.5" or 2" of lift from the shackles. So I am wanting to use a shackle that is about 4" longer than the stock one. Does the 2" lift shackle actually give 2" of lift?

The one problem you might have is the shackle hitting the rear bulkhead on compression of the springs. I solved this by making a cutout behind the shackles allowing them to swing all the way back.

Back