• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch lift

Shane_92-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody i was hoping to get some help and or positive feedback on a 2 inch lift im on a super budget.

so heres what im thinking since i dont do any real hardcore offroading just light to med. trails,mud shallow water crossing basicaly its my do-it-all vehicle DD,fishing,hunting so i need something practical but at the same time i wouldnt mind a lil more hight and tire clearence dont get me wrong im still amazed at what my XJ will do moslty stock ive never been stuck ,stranded. its just time for the next level my shocks are brand new so im hopeing i wont have to buy new ones

front coil spacers and aluminum blocks in the rear

now for the questions
1. is it a good idea?
2.can i fit 31" or 30"s im not affraid of trimming
does anybody have anysimalr lift i.e. add a leaf or the same set up?
3. do i need bump stop extentions,quik disconnects,brake lines, im pretty sure it will work just fine for what i want/need im just hopeing to givethe jeep a lil bit bigger shoe size ant maybe a lil bit more travel offroad but still have a nice ride on the highway since its a family rig

Thanks for takeing the time to read my first post
looking forword to the feedback

shane_92-xj 92' larado 4.0H0 cherrybomb exoust rustys stainless manifold

Big Text!
Lol

Okay, you dont want to do Blocks IMO. If I were you I would buy 2" Lift Shackles and Coil Spacers. Then buy JK Rubicon Shocks off of ebay for about 50 bucks. They work perfect for 2-3" of lift, you just have to press out the jk fittings and put on the XJ fittings from your old shocks. Its really easy with a press. Or you could search "bastard pack" or "budget boost"

Also, 30's will fit under stock suspension. I am doing it now. Your best bet is 31's and 2" with some trimming IMO. Or 30's with an aggressive tread

just out of curiosity whats the differnce between shackle lift and blocks?
im guessing it has to do with the suspension ride and flex quality....wanna clear the air?

just out of curiosity whats the differnce between shackle lift and blocks?
im guessing it has to do with the suspension ride and flex quality....wanna clear the air?

Well it wears on your springs less from what I hear, and it rides better. Also, they can slip out. When I was researching this, everyone said do shackles. I think that the bastard pack would be the best though

lol yea i wanted to make sure i was heard j/k anyway can i ask why you would choose shackles over blocks? and do you think rough country is a good choice? or pro-comp? or what? i was just curiosity i haven't committed to anything yet other then spacers up front'.

thanks alote

lol yea i wanted to make sure i was heard j/k anyway can i ask why you would choose shackles over blocks? and do you think rough country is a good choice? or pro-comp? or what? i was just curiosity i haven't committed to anything yet other then spacers up front'.

thanks alote

I would choose shackles just because they seem more practical to me. There is something about a block under shackles that scares me haha. A good budget boost lift kit around is the Old Man Emu 2" lift kit. It all depends how much you are willing to spend. I would buy 2" shackles since u already have the spacers, then get shocks and life is good :wave1:

Shackles are mounted at the tail end of the leaf spring, the top of the shacke mounts to the unibody, the other end mounts to the leaf spring. Take a look at what you have on your stock jeep. Blocks mount between the axle tube and the leaf spring. The block would sit on top of the spring perch.

Well here is a real back woods shade tree mechanic thought....

Buy the shackles (I feel its the safest) And then buy spacers for the stock shocks...I think you can get away w/ using like a thick lexan or plastic to space that shock down further from the top mounting point w/ some longer bolts. And then the front lift, I would just stack 2 spacers in it...You can get those for free...Go to a junk yard and find a rear coil sprung 3rd gen camaro or firebird (the 1980's ones) and snatch the coil spring bushing on top of the springs on both sides. I have seen them stacked up to 3 high...don't know how safe it is. I just use one on each side and it works great for about 1.5'' of extra lift...If you need elaboration I can go further haha.

im really trying not to have to get new shocks becouse the ones i have are brand new not even a month old if i have to buy new shocks then i might as well lift it 3" IMO but then again cost is the issue but you cant put a price on safty or reliability.

Thanks for all the replys guys been very helpfull KEEP THEM COMING'!

Shane,

im really trying not to have to get new shocks becouse the ones i have are brand new not even a month old if i have to buy new shocks then i might as well lift it 3" IMO but then again cost is the issue but you cant put a price on safty or reliability.

Thanks for all the replys guys been very helpfull KEEP THEM COMING'!

Shane,

Your shocks will work from what I have read. They will just break if you wheel alot. But for the things you explained, you should be OK :chef:

Back