• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing The Stock Ribbed Air Tube

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one know of a good fitting smooth Tube to replace the stock one or maybe another method I have 97 Xj I was thinking about puting my stock air box that is cut and has a high flow filter.

Last edited:
home depot, should be able to pick up a rubber 90 for the TB then either a plastic or metal tube and a coupler to attach the tub to the airbox.

There's quite a few sites online that are sell them. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a 3.5" to 2.75" as easily... which is what would work better with the filter I just picked up.
Billy

Are you trying to go for performance or looks (rice)? You will not see any performance increase as CanMan already said. My local Schuck's\O'Reilly's has all that ricer type stuff in different sizes. If you don't have one locally then try them online.

Are you trying to go for performance or looks (rice)? You will not see any performance increase as CanMan already said. My local Schuck's\O'Reilly's has all that ricer type stuff in different sizes. If you don't have one locally then try them online.

I'm trying to mate the TB to the cone filter that I picked up super cheap that has a 3.5" inlet. The stock elbow is 3.25" ID and I can't find an exhaust shop that can open 3" tube to 3.5". I could just wrap some duct tape around it or glue a piece of ABS in there or something, but I was exploring other options.
Billy

Back