• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4, 2 full marks?

imprezkid

NAXJA Forum User
So my transmission has been acting up, shifting hard and not even wanting to shift when accelerating, and then not wanting to go into overdrive when coasting, and shifting up and down alot while highway cruising.
So i figured i got the transmission hot and burnt up the fluid, so i checked it, appeared way over full, engine running in neutral and very warm, so idk what the deal is there, but on one side of the stick there is a add or safe and a full mark, on the other side there is a full mark way down about 1" from the bottom that says full, what is this?

Anyone have any suggestions on the shifting problem it doesn't appear or smell burnt?
:badpc:

Read the stick a little more.Lower mark (full) is when its COLD-

Upper mark(full/safe) is for when the trans is HOT. It should never be over the full mark when HOT.
Check ideling in neutral .
The throttle position sensor could be part of your shifting problems.

Wayne

Anyone know if the tps off a 95 grand cherokee with a 4.0L auto would be the same, i had some shifting problems with it and changed the tps, but instead it was the shift cable

Back