• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy axle tube seals, replacing them? *I Searched*

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I looked but didn't find any definative results. I'm running Alloy USA axle tube seals, with a snap ring on the outside. I'm unsure of the "generation" but on the box I remember black and red being the only option, and I bought them off here during that vendor special for like $40.

Basically, my hub was destroyed and I didn't relize it, as a result driving on a wobbly wheel for a few weeks killed the seals on one side from the shaft moving so much. I don't want to buy new ones for both sides, and I can't for the life of me get the seal out.

Where can I get replacement seals?

~Scott

Alloy USA Billet Aluminum Axle Tube Seals - Red (Pair)

$46.95

- Dana 30 and Dana 44 Axles
Billet Aluminum Axle Tube Oil SealsKeep water, mud and debris from entering your front axle housing. These CNC machined aluminum housings feature two seals to provide double protection from the crud. Available in red, black and silver anodized finishes. Sold in Pairs.

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/alloy-billet-aluminum-axle-tube-seals-pair-p-7983.html

Alloy_USA_Billet_Aluminum_Axle_Tube_Seals-Red.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the red alloy tube seals now (actually pretty much light red or "silver" from the brake cleaner removing the color) and they don't seal perfectly although they still do keep the larger things from getting in.

My shafts move around in my axle housing when I turn, you can see it by looking at the axle shaft. My hubs are new, not sure if my axle housing is bent or what, I didn't think it could be because that never showed up on the alignment rack! But yes my axle shafts do move around depending on where the wheel is turned. New balljoints too. No slop in the knuckles.

Well that's all great, but I'm looking for JUST the rubber part. Mine tore and I need a new set but I DO NOT want to pay for a whole new assembly.

Plus, I can't even get my old ones out of the housing.

~Scott

id call just differentials and ask them. they are really awesome to talk to and have helped me out with some other problems i had. im sure you can get replacement parts for it. that would make since at least.

Back