• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power locks (Of course i searched already)

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
okay here is the deal:
2000 xj sport.

I have power windows, locks, mirrors. Everything works EXCEPT the unlock switch on the drivers door.
By this i mean that if i use the passenger side door control, everything works fine. All the locks function. Also if i try to "lock" the doors using the same switch it works fine.

Could it be a wiring issue? the door hinges already eat up my speaker wires?
Could i need a new power "command center" thingy?

okay here is the deal:
2000 xj sport.

Could it be a wiring issue? the door hinges already eat up my speaker wires?
Could i need a new power "command center" thingy?

Yes and yes. It could be this and it could be that. That is why you test for voltage in the wires and use the ohmeter to check out the switch.

If you have a master unlock switch on the passenger door and it works correctly then the problem is a broken switch wire on the drivers door. If the passenger side also does not work then I would check the unlock relay.

specifically the switch wire in the drivers door. there are wires for the switch that go to the relays, and wires coming out of the relay that go to the lock(s). it's the former

pull back the boot between the door and A-pillar and you will probably find it

specifically the switch wire in the drivers door. there are wires for the switch that go to the relays, and wires coming out of the relay that go to the lock(s). it's the former

pull back the boot between the door and A-pillar and you will probably find it

Yea ive done that before when re-wireing the door speakers...
Its all in a nice looking harness so it might have to be hacked up a wee bit.:gee:
Thanks for your help.

Well i managed to take apart my entire door and not fix the problem...
I cant seem to figure out which pins on the command module correspond to the master unlock.
My idea was to hold down the unlock button and then using a multi meter, determine which pins had a non-zero resistance. Therefore finding which pins are connected when i press "unlock"

How ever, this idea seems to have failed me, after going thru all of the pins and narrowing two down, i cut the wire leading from them and put it back onto the harness to see if it affected any other things. If nothing changed, then i knew i had found the right one... However, after replacing it, my front drivers power window refused to operate.
So i solder the wires back in place and put it back together.

Any suggestions?

Back