• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Shifting at High RPMS

pastaxj61

NAXJA Forum User
So heres the deal guys...I went offroading today without a problem. When I was done around 4, went to the camp site and turned off the engine for 20 minutes to clean up the site, then went to the gas station with no problem. Then after airing up and putting back on the sway bar, we left to head home and my tranny started acting up. It wont shift outta first gear until around 4000 rpms, and around 40 or 50 mph it constantly shifts in and out of gears unless it is run at around 3000 rpms, and it tends to shift in and out even more so going up hills. Any help would be appreciated.

A side note, the transmission was serviced not even 6 days ago, and the shop said it was in great condition.

Thanks guys...I kind of figured it was the TPS but I wanted a second opinion on it. I replaced it today and it fixed the problem.

Back