• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple questions??

iroll919

NAXJA Forum User
hi i have 2 quick questions

i just installed a dana 30 i bought that was regeared to 4.88 but i didnt have enough time to get the rear axle in today will i be ok to drive it around with the 3.07 gears in the back still as long as it stays in 2wd i have a 1998 5-speed

also i didnt adjust anything when i was doing my swap today i just unbolted everything and put it right back where it was on the new axle but it apears that my axle is off center towards the driver side by about half an inch maybe a little more should i adjust my track bar or should i try driving it around my block to see if maybe it will just center itself back out

thanks

any idea why it would need to be adjusted it seems so weird that it would change i didnt add any lift or change a single thing

My guess would be that the new axle came from a previously lifted vehicle and that the track bar mounting hole had been redrilled for that lift.

Most safety gurus would recommend removing the front DS for an extended period of time which would remove all risk of accidental engagement.

Last edited:
Back