• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No front brakes!!!!

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 XJ and recentely replaed the MC/power booster/pressure differential valve/ bled the system multiple times-- and STILL no front brakes--- can't figure it out-- I checked all the lines and no leaks that I can see. There is a weird leak coming from the frame on the driver's side. Not sure from where, but... who knows?:flamemad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated- searching through the forums produced no results.

I am on the verge of taking it to a shop and coughing up the dough.

Thanks in advance and any help is greatly appreciated.:helpme:

L8,
Coullt

Did you bench bleed the MC before installing it? Usually that needs to be done before bleeding in car.

Did you replace caplipers? Possibly installing the R one on the Left side and visa versa? Just a thought.

Cherikon said:
I have a 95 XJ and recentely replaed the MC/power booster/pressure differential valve/ bled the system multiple times-- and STILL no front brakes--- can't figure it out-- I checked all the lines and no leaks that I can see. There is a weird leak coming from the frame on the driver's side. Not sure from where, but... who knows?:flamemad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated- searching through the forums produced no results.

I am on the verge of taking it to a shop and coughing up the dough.

Thanks in advance and any help is greatly appreciated.:helpme:

L8,
Coullt

Is the leak break fluid ?

I didn't replace the calipers- did bench bleed the MC- and I am 99% on the leak being brake fluid.

Am I missing something with concern to the ABS? I know the front brakes(discs) are the only thing affected by the ABS- is there any possibility that it could be fuse/computer related in that respect?

Back