• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10.50's on an 8" rim?

MTBracer367

NAXJA Forum User
is it safe?

i have a set of 31x10.50r15's on stock wheels and i found a deal locally on a set of 15x8 rims with more backspaceing would it be safe to run tha wide of a rim on those tires?

let me know what you think
thanks,
-Dylan

I run 32" M/T Skinnies (9.50) on a stock rim (15x7). I bought them because of gas prices a while back. Great for MPGs but terrible in mud. I have no problems in sand, clay, or sandy loam. I would go back to 33x10.50s on a 15x8" 3.75 BS wheels but these still have a lot of tread left. With 10.50s and not 12.50s, I believe I would save on replacing steering parts. IMHO

i ran 10.5" wide AT's on 8" wide steelies, and running aired down dirt and mud got stuck in the bead and the tire wouldn't hold air for long, i now run 12.5's on those same 8" wheels and have no problem at even 8psi, its not a huge deal as long as you take care of the dirt but it as just a pain to do it after every wheelin trip.. Just my .02$
Joe

Back