• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have searched and couldnt find an answer PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN...

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing an automatic transmission swap from a manual and have pulled out all of the old wiring harnesses. I swapped them in from an automatic both the behind the dash and the wiring harness on the back side of the engine compartment. I didn't swap the one that connects to the fuse box and goes behind the grill and connects to the other harness by the battery.

So now that you know what i have swapped.

I have a relay that is clicking when ever i turn the key to start the jeep. It wont click if i have just the acc on but as soon as i try to start the jeep it will click until i take it out or turn the jeep off completely. I can hear my fuel pump clicking on and off with it too. I have all my lights, radio, cig lighter, clock all of that works. the only thing that doesn't work is my gauge light. The wire on my solenoid also is not getting power. If i take it off of the silver relay and touch the battery is will turn over.

I am guessing there are a few things i am missing but not sure. I have been debating about just re wiring the starter solenoid onto a push button and wiring the fuel pump to an acc wire also. The only thing is i am not sure if there is something that will not work if those don't work.

Damn AJ I wish I could help but that's way beyond me. I can go over and offer morale support. Did that guy ever come up to help you figure it out?

Gauge cluster lights... I put some gas into the throttle body and got it fired up for a second. I crossed the wire for the relay with the batter and got it to turn over and with the gas it fired for a second. There is something with the fuel pump i am guessing. The relay for the fuel pump is the one that is tripping. I think i want to try to bypass it to constent hot just to see if it starts up fine. What do you think about that....

Hey man thanks for offer lol. when are we gonna finish up your rear fenders? Ya Cal came and helped but we couldnt get it fired up because of the issue i am having

Back