• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Sliders

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Any one run these on ther Xj seem like a good price They are nice looking and they come painted just need to bolt on and go.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=967829

I know it is Hard to Beat $199 and Many, Like I, have Financial Constraints and can Only get what we can Afford. Personally, I am Waiting until I can Afford JCRs or AJs.

You may wish to look here also. I Believe for NAXJA Members, there are Discounts Available. Look in the Vendor's Marketplace Forum, then the Vendor Advertisements and Vendor's Specials Sub-Forums.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Contact the Different Vendors and see what they can do for you.

I'd never get a set of rails that don't mount to the pinch weld. I know most of the force on them is usually up (from rocks and the like), but I use mine as a step a lot and that puts at least 200 ft-lbs on the self-tapping mounting bolts that are in the 1/16" sheet metal 'framerail'.

I'd say definitely spend a bit more money on the JCR or AJ's. Look at norcalchris' thread for sure.

I'd never get a set of rails that don't mount to the pinch weld. I know most of the force on them is usually up (from rocks and the like), but I use mine as a step a lot and that puts at least 200 ft-lbs on the self-tapping mounting bolts that are in the 1/16" sheet metal 'framerail'.

I'd say definitely spend a bit more money on the JCR or AJ's. Look at norcalchris' thread for sure.

x2 I almost bought some but when i found out they didn't mount to the pinchseam I just waited and bought my JCR's. Nothing against rough country I just think they could make their sliders better than that.

its weird that they fit XJ and TJ's ain't they different lengths?

if they fit pretty good then you could just weld some angle iron to bolt it to the pinch seam

EDIT: i just went an saw there is two different sizes for xj and tj

Last edited:
I ordered my sliders today from Rough Country. Thanks Jason The price can not be beat and despite what every one says they were real cool to deal with got a sweet deal and if they dont feel strong enough can always mount a pc. to the pinch seem.
For the amount off roading i do anymore they will be fine I hope If not live and learn. At least they will give my daughter some thing to step on so I do not have to pick her up any more:laugh3:

Will post some pics of the install and give some feed back on these.

:smsoap:Now lets hear all the negative comments let em fly:wierd:

I am an RC guy, i like the service, i like the quality, and i am normally one to argue and defend them in a RC vs XX company debate..

But im sorry, if and when i buy sliders, i want them to mount to the pinch seam. JCR or AJ's have this down. and it just depends on the black friday sales coming up on witch company i'll be buyin from!

If they are anything like the pic,your gonna be hating yourself!
jeep_1034.jpg

I have had a set of these on my jeep for a couple months now and i the only issues i have had so far is the bolts striping out of the frame after taking a beating on the rocks. overall they have held up to some abuse and for a weekend wheeler they aren't bad in my opinion.

Could always add a little tab on each leg to tie into the pinch seem will not be going hardcore into the rocks and if they take alot of damage and get bent up better them then my rockers and door.:D

pssst. if you wait till black friday you are likely to get a better set, for cheaper then the RCs

/cheap bastard

Could always add a little tab on each leg to tie into the pinch seem will not be going hardcore into the rocks and if they take alot of damage and get bent up better them then my rockers and door.:D

If you wait till then,you WILL have bent up rockers.I dont think your getting the picture of what happens to "NERF"(thats what you bought) bars when they land on something

:laugh3:For what i paid If they suck oh well but i am sure I can weld and bolt them to the pinch seem for extra strength.

And the design for the cherokee is alot differant the pic posted is for the wrangler.

2yy81ld.jpg

PSST. And yes I am a cheap bastard

Last edited:
dont get me wrong, if they were substantially(sp?) cheaper then what else is available, then i probably would cheap out and buy them. but considering the price for good solid basic sliders being $20 more.. why?

:laugh3:For what i paid If they suck oh well but i am sure I can weld and bolt them to the pinch seem for extra strength.

And the design for the cherokee is alot differant the pic posted is for the wrangler.

2yy81ld.jpg

PSST. And yes I am a cheap bastard

weld a piece of flat stock to the legs and drill a few holes in it and some in the pinch seam and there ya go instant rigidity! :D

Back