• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going from Navy Blue to Metallic Grey

TYphoon

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I am not very familiar with paint and whatnot, but what do you think it would take for me to give my Jeep a paint job similar to the one in the second picture if I got it done by somebody. I am not sure if it would be worth it. I have no clue how much it would be, but I have always wanted a Silver Jeep, and it would probably cut down on the heat. that thing BAKES haha. Here are the pictures
Jeep294.jpg

3.jpg

anywhere from 500-4000. Depends on the quality really

One thing to consider with color changes is the fact that a true color change requires a complete strip-down of the body. Your engine bay, door jambs, yadda yadda will still be the old color unless you basically went "frame" up.

For a quality paint job to do your outer panels, your looking at $800-1000 done by a reputable body shop. There are some cheapo shops that IMHO are not worth it.

One thing to consider with color changes is the fact that a true color change requires a complete strip-down of the body. Your engine bay, door jambs, yadda yadda will still be the old color unless you basically went "frame" up.

For a quality paint job to do your outer panels, your looking at $800-1000 done by a reputable body shop. There are some cheapo shops that IMHO are not worth it.

Yeah, thats what I was afraid of haha. Well hey, its gunna get scratched anyways :gee: thanks for the help!

Simply sounds like you found a reason to get a second XJ! :clap:

:gee::gee: I WISH! Maybe when I am out of college. I am still a highschooler, and pay for all my stuff yadda yadda haha. hmmm, maybee I will drive this til I can afford another! Then turn this one into a trail rig only (yano roll it a few times, get some good damage :D) then get a metallic one, and just do 4.5" and 33's :looney:

Yea realistically a good color change paint job will run you about $2000 to $3000. If you're doing a simple outer-body-skin, you're looking about $1500 if you can find the right person. Easily $500 in materials, the rest is labor and/or the shaft.

I would save up some bones and buy a second one. $4000 would buy you a mint condition xj in about any color you want...

I'm in the middle of a color change right now, and it's taken me about 3 months, and still don't have all the stuff together.

Back