• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a flat, need to know something

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
So I got a flat on my way home from jetsking today. Its leaking from the valve steam, the thing looks like its ready to blow out of the rim. I have 31x10.50s on the jeep. All I have for a spare is the stock 225/75/15. Would that be ok for one day of driving? Im sure prolly not. I can drive my camaro but its not really a daily driver friendly kinda car.

So I got a flat on my way home from jetsking today. Its leaking from the valve steam, the thing looks like its ready to blow out of the rim. I have 31x10.50s on the jeep. All I have for a spare is the stock 225/75/15. Would that be ok for one day of driving? Im sure prolly not. I can drive my camaro but its not really a daily driver friendly kinda car.

If you do not have a locker I would think it would be ok. better than a regular car driving around on a small donut spare.

You could use it to get to a station and get the larger tire fixed. I would make the concern getting the tire fixed over using it for a day. Typically $ 10.00 to fix a tire, they probably won't even charge for the replacement of the valve stem.

If you have an open diff then you will be fine. Any type of LSD, locker, or spool and the axle wont be happy.

AARON

it will be fine as long as you dont use the 4x4 and its a open diff. If you have a locker or plan on putting it into 4 wheel then its not a good idea at all.

My first concern is getting the tire repaired but what place is gonna open on a sunday to do it, thats the problem. Im almost positive my Jeep has open diffs. Atleast if the rear is LSD its definatly shot

most likely its open if you dont know. Try to find a store open on sunday. youll be surprised on how many that are open when your not noticing them or needing a shop.

Back