• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with power seat installation/wiring

Emerscape

NAXJA Forum User
So I was able to pick up a set of leather seats for my 2000 Cherokee sport last weekend. I asked the guy to pull the wire harnesses and heater switch, which he did, but he hacked all the wires off instead of pulling the plugs out. So it looks like I have everything I need and I can tell for the most part which wires go to what, but on the passenger side I have two sets of wires (i.e. two purple wires, two red wires, etc.) I need to figure out which wires correspons to which heater seat switch and then to which wire on the passenger seat. So I guess what I'm asking for is this:

1. A wiring diagram for the power/heated seats for a 2000/20001 cherokee limited
  2. A way to figure out to match the wires that start out on one side of the wiring harness to the wires that come out on the other side. Seems like I'd need to send electrical current through each wire and test the wires on the other end to figure out which one is which, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing this.
I hope this makes sense, I'm not really good with electrical work but I can do some basic stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Back