• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taurus fan wiring instructions

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I drew out a wiring diagram for a Taurus fan and made up some written instructions to go with it.

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0001.jpg

4d6e182a.gif

Posted by jeeperjohn

zji544.jpg

Last edited:
Posted by jeeperjohn

t9z0d1.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody have any good diagrams or links to write-ups that have a good belt routing for this? I have run mine per go-jeep's writeup and the belt routing works fine, but doesn't give much of a wrap on the alternator. It will often squeel to no end if you start the jeep up with the fan running even on low, especially if you have anything else electrical running. And FYI, it's not really a "drop-in" mod. But one that is WELL worth the time and effort. Check out go-jeep's writeup, it really does work the best.

I started to make a comptuer drawing of the schematic sketch, because I like how that setup works...And I came across this, which seems pretty similar.

"wired to turn on low with the thermostat switch or be turned on low manually through a toggle switch. The high comes on only when the A/C is running..."

FanControl.jpg

I forgot to include that each wire coming from the battery should have a fuse on it. The fuse should match the capacity of the relay and 1 amp for the 18 gauge wires.

I finished the drawing of the previous hand-drawn schematic. I will probably make some modifications to this with the incorporation of some LEDs. If anyone would like the PSD file of this let me know.

taurus_schematic.jpg

Would it be the same kind of wiring if I wanted to used a toggle switch? I wanted to run a 3-way toggle switch, low-off-high if I could instead of the temp switch.

Yes, I really Appreciate this Thread also. Thank you.

Will 2 of these Work? Thank you.

br75_sm.gif

0 332 002 150
Your Cost
$41.00

General Specifications Part Number: 0 332 002 150
Voltage: 12 V
Form: SPST
Enclosure: Standard cover w/bracket
Contact Material: Dual Silver Nickel
Life Tests Resistive Load - N/O: 75 A - 100,000 cycles
Resistive Load - N/C: n/a
Motor Load - N/O: 60 A (250 A In-rush)- 40,000 cycles
Motor Load - N/C: n/a
Lamp Load - N/O: n/a
Lamp Load - N/C: n/a Mechanical Life: 1,000,000
Coil Specifications Coil Operating Current: 290 mA
Equivalent Coil Resistance: 46 +/- 3 ohm
Pull-in Voltage: <= 8.0 V
Drop-out Voltage: 1.5 - 4.0 V
Operating Conditions Operating
Temperature: -40 C to +100 C Humidity Test: 95% for 7 days
Salt Spray Test: 144 hours Dust Test: 8 hours

I believe you only really need 1 75 amp relay for the high. You can use a lower one for the low, say 40 or 30. That relay is kinda pricey though.

Back