• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I gave the Baja XJ a black eye this weekend

BajaCurt

NAXJA Forum User
I was working on my XJ this weekend and I ended up giving her a black eye. :gee:

I started by taking some parts off

I would have been done quicker but I got distracted by a neighbor.
She should have known better than to walk by when I had my camera out :D

Now back to work and time to start putting things back together

Matches up pretty good for glass. Had to do some filing but that is to be expected.

I know I shoulda painted the front clip but I wanted to get it on and lined up.
Then I'll take it back off and paint it.
Looks kinda funny with 1 eye (headlight bezel) black and the other white. But that's how it was when I pulled it from the boneyard.

do you have a straight on view? i like the look of those!

It looks like one of those cute little dogs with with a patch around 1 eye!(AAAAWWWW!) Maybe your neighbor will come over to pet it.

You might as well send me those plates man...haha but anyway it looks good! The Jeep looks good as well haha

Thanks for the complements everyone!
I'm real happy with the way it turned out.
I had decided on the Ajax/Trailer Products fenders a while ago and just had to find a newer model front clip before I bought them.
On a Sunday afternoon about a month ago someone in the SoCal chapter posted up that there was a white 99 in a junkyard.
So I went there first thing that Monday, dressy work clothes and all, and found it.
The 99 was indeed white and the front clip looked like it was just put on recently and wasn't even painted before the idiot wrecked the XJ again LOL
Luckily there was no damage to the front clip.
I got alot of strange looks as I pulled it in my dress clothes.
I didn't want to come back after work cause I was afraid the clip would be gone by then with my luck.
So that's the reason for the odd coloring.
But if it helps with the chickies I might just leave it that way :D

do you have a straight on view? i like the look of those!

Sorry but this is the only straight on view I have so far.

I'll take a couple and post them up in a day or two.

Here are front shots of each side
White eye side

Black eye side

looks pretty good, i never really liked the ajax fenders but they look pretty good on yours.

and you should keep the grill white and paint the bezels black. my .02

looks pretty good, i never really liked the ajax fenders but they look pretty good on yours.

and you should keep the grill white and paint the bezels black. my .02

Looks good. Need more pictures of the neighbor though.

So what happened to the old fenders? U didn't scrap them did you? Looks good, better in person I might add.

The old fenders and front clip are already spoken for.
They are going to a guy who flopped/rolled out in Johnson Valley a couple weeks ago. ( no it's not Rick :) )
I'm giving them to him for free.
That's how we take care of each other here in SoCal
As far as the neighbor, I don't know much about her other than she is HOT and usually is with some dweeby little guy.
Sorry but no other pics of her :(
As it was I felt kinda weird snapping that pic of her.
But I knew all you guys here on NAXJA would appreciate seeing her (probably more than the pics of my XJ!!!)

Back