• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what all should i have for TSF

aussiewheeler

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep is under construction again as I design a new front bumper for recovery reasons and my goal is to have it dont by the end of october and i also have some partially completed rocker guards that i just need to do a few more things too. so i was wondering what kinda protection we should have for the browns camp run in november, i have the stock t case skid plate but i was wondering if i needed diff guards or anything like that thanks

we have had stock rigs go through just about everything up there, with little or no damage. in the last 2 trips up the only damage i have taken was a door ding. it really depends on what u plan on running. the cruchers would require some skids, sliders, etc...as for the rest u can avoid most damage with a little finess. either way i say "go prepared" as it will be slippery, which deffinately changes things.

The only reason you NEED diff armor is if you run the Little Rubicon, Crushers, or go the whole length of the rockgarden at the top of Fire Break Five on 31"s or less.

XJourney said:
The only reason you NEED diff armor is if you run the Little Rubicon, Crushers, or go the whole length of the rockgarden at the top of Fire Break Five on 31"s or less.

Little Rubicon + no diff armor + driver error = Ouch.

P1010066.JPG

Yes, I cleaned up my mess.

Like previously stated, there's lots of trails that can be run without damage and still have fun.

rock rails would be a good call I think, I dented the "frame rail" and my cross member on my chereokee, actually on the same rock that ate Megawatt's diff.

1230.jpg

1231.jpg

Megawatt said:
Little Rubicon + no diff armor + driver error = Ouch.

P1010066.JPG

Yes, I cleaned up my mess.

Like previously stated, there's lots of trails that can be run without damage and still have fun.

That is kinda funny, not the breaking part, That is the same rock that I smashed my gas tank skid on. That rock sure left an impression on me.

Is that on of the rocks on Archers Firebreak 5, close to the top? It looks familiar to me.
Seems odd that out of so many rocks, people are able to identify them.

-Kevin

wrecked said:
Is that on of the rocks on Archers Firebreak 5, close to the top? It looks familiar to me.
Seems odd that out of so many rocks, people are able to identify them.

-Kevin

Its right next to the BIG rock in the middle of Little Rubicon

Back