• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Amp Installation Quick Question

friendco

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to run my power cable, can't find a place to run it through the firewall, anyone have any tips? Any advice about hiding it inside would be helpful too I've never installed a system before

96 Cherokee
4.0 L Straight 6

Well I don't know Where to run the cable but I'm about to doy own system but don't have a good place for the amp. I wanna put it on the ceiling. What did u do?

If you go over to the street and performance tech area there quite a few threads about amps and subs and other things that don't deal with going off road. A friend of mine just gave me a 12"sub in a box with an amp mounted on the box a few weeks ago. I'm planning on mounting mine tomorrow. I haven't looked at the firewall yet, but I'm planning on running the power cable under the center console and zip tying it to the wires that run down the center of the floor along the center hump.

Look underneath the dash where your pedals are at. There are a few rubber grommets there. I picked the largest one I saw and used a knife to make a small cut where I ran my 4ga wire through it. I've never had a problem with water or anything else coming through the hole if that happens to be a concern.

Back