• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How Bad

I am getting desperate to lift the jeep and as much as I want the nice 559.00 dollar 3.5 inch lift or 2’’ Old Man EMU I just can’t toss that coin out right now. How bad are 2’’ spacers and Shackles? I guess I could wait, but why when I can get those so cheap.

129 OTD for the spacer and shackle and I would be supporting a local business….

I have stock 222/75/15 tires right now and the once they go bad 235/75/15 are my goal.

Ya dude if your short on cash just put spacers on it w/ shackles, itll ride just like stock in the front and possibly a little better in the rear (but still close to stock).
DO IT

Hit the pick-n-pull if you are on a budget. You can add about 2" of lift for next to nothing.

ZJ coils about 1.5" lift
Add XJ spring isolators to trim it, about 1/2" for each one added.
MJ shackle is worth about and inch in the rear.
S10 leaf packs: Build a low lift bastard pack and then add more leafs when you want to go higher.

You can relocate the front brake lines by drilling and taping a new hole, lower down for the bolt that holds the hard line in place. You shouldnt have to add any bumpstop for 2" lift and the stock shocks should work just fine for now. TJ shocks are a couple inches longer if you really want to maximize droop on a budget. At about 3" you need to start messing with driveline angles (tcase drop), bump stops and shocks.

F250 (or was it Chevy 3/4 ton?) rear sway bar links are about 3" longer, have the same offset as XJ links, and are threaded on top for a wing nut. Use hitch pins on the lower end and you have some bullet proof disconnects that will work for up to a 5" lift.

Check the condensed junkyard parts thread for lots of great ideas.

John

Last edited:
Back