• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yukon Shims SK 30214 for D44 Carrier or D30 OX Locker with 30 Splines

wavingpine11

NAXJA Forum User
Useful information: I'm reshimming a D30 OX locker carrier. This is the shim pack to get if you have this OX carrier. Or if you have a 30 spline D44. OX USA told me on the phone that the Ratech 1116 shim set also works. The Yukon part number yielded the same shims I already was using. The Ratech part number showed up today and the outer diameter is much larger but the inside diameter is the same so they should also work fine. Seems the Ratechs might also be able to be used on the outside of the bearings, if that's how you like to do it.

I ordered two packs of the Yukons, just to assure myself that I'd have enough. They arrived yesterday. Oddly, one package had a shim stack that was twice the height of the other. I took out all the shims and measured thickness with a dial caliper. Here are a few pictures, one of which shows the thicknesses I measured.

I'm posting this in modified tech just because it seems like the right place, although I am not showing anything being modified. These are, after all, used on an aftermaket carrier that uses nonstandard shims and carrier spline count.

After getting both packages, I was very glad that I ordered two of them. If I had just gotten the pack with the thick shims in it, I would have been unable to move forward on the job.

1zp060k.jpg

xkumhf.jpg

2aj0zsg.jpg

2zivwi8.jpg

Last edited:
Back