• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another lift and tires thread, help please

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
So I lifted my jeep last year by 3 inches and I put JK Rubicon wheels and tires on and I like it but I just got my insurance check from my neighbors insurance after his oak tree fell on my boat and I have decided to invest the money into my XJ instead of putting it into a new boat right now.

So my question is this. How much lift should I go? I am thinking of maybe going 4.5" and bumping up to 33's. I don't do a lot of hard wheeling and I just really want something capable and strong that is dependable and will still drive comfortably on the interstate. I would prefer a bolt on vs a weld on set up.

I would like recommendations on lifts, as well as tires. I plan on keeping my Rubicon Wheels. I am also going to regear my front Dana 30 and my Dana 44 at the same time. I will also be doing a tom woods DS and an SYE. I will be also adding stiffiners and a front winch bumper. Thanks guys.

I would keep the height you are at, trim add 33's and re gear the axles add disc brakes in the rear with a locker.

Back