• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ trail rig, fullwidth axles, leafs, 38s, locked and loaded

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Im contemplating selling my 91 briarwood, i got married back in July of 03' and recently got a 01' WJ so the XJ is just sitting out back. Like i said im just curious to see if anyone would be interested in it. heres a rough list of the specs.

1991 XJ Briarwood edition(in other words has wood grain and all the options inside and out)

Engine:
4.0 with 176,000 original miles
AW4 with same mileage
NP242 with RE SYE and CV DS
New alternator, oil changed every 3K with Mobil 1., double row radiator with 180* t-stat(have a 195* too for winter). New plugs and wires less than a year ago.
Rusty's Intake w/K&N cone filter

Interior:
Herculined
leather and power seats(driver and Pass)
woodgrain dash
Sony CD player
Cobra CB w/firestick ant.

Underbody(the good stuff):

Front:
High Pinion HD D44 full width(69" WMS to WMS) 8 lug
3" axle tube that are 1/2" thick(she's a beast)
Loc-rite locker
5.38 motive gears
Flat top knuckles with hi-steer arms
Custom crossover/histeer set-up with 250 wall DOM tie rod and drag link with 1 ton Chevy TREs
Warn Premium Hubs
1330 U-bolt style Yoke
New Dual piston calipers
New rotors and pads
**ALL of these other than the actcual axle housing have less than 5K on them it was built in June of 03'**

Rear:
HD D60, full floating, 30 spline, full width (67" WMS to WMS) 8 lug
3.5" axle tubes
5.38 motive gears mounted to a
detriot locker, 1350 yoke
I put new shoes on and turned the drums when it was built in June 03'
Gears have less than 5K on them too

Suspension:
Front
Custom front leaf set-up with beefy frame mounts and a set of
Rancho 44044s and stock YJ shackles
Rockkrawler 29" extended length shocks

Rear
Custom Leaf packs that began with Rockkrawler 5.5" leafs and then an AAL and a 1.5" block. Custom rear shock crossmember with 30" extended length BDS 5500 series shocks.

Tires:
38x13x16 TSLs mounted on 16x8 black rockcrawlers, 8 lug. Tires have at least 80% tread left, the wheels and tires have seen the rocks so there some rock rash on them.

Protection:
Custom 4x4 front winch bumper with almost brand new Mile Marker e9000(has only been pulled hard on one time, was installed in october of 03')
Hella 500 driving lights, d-shackles
Custom4x4 rear bumper and 2" reciever.
Carolina Rockshop 4x2 rockrails
Custom Crossmember with t-case skid built in.

I think thats it for now, im sure ill think of some more stuff. Just a few things to point out, the front driver's side axle needs a new u-joint(297 or 760). and the inner axle seals need to be replaced on the d44. Leaks alittle around the Yoke on the d60, i think it needs a new yoke. T-case oozes just a bit, and the rear main ozzes, no dripping. gas tank is dented on passenger side, no leaking.
Nothing really wrong with it at all, it still runs great and usually fires on the first try. i've taken excellant care of it, especially mechancially speaking. i've kept it painted underneith and especially axles. the body has some rock rash and the paint is begining to oxidize in some spots, as it is a trail rig, but NO RUST!! its great offroad and is still street legal at least here in NC. I feel confident in it as it has been driven to Tellico(5+hours away) several times holding speed fine at 70mph. here are a couple of attached images but i can e-mail you more if needed. again im just contemplating selling it and was just trying to get an idea of interest levels.

I would ask: $5000.00 OBO

here are a few pics:
1074818009_Globe061.jpg

it has doors
1074817803_Dscf0316.jpg

1074817516_leaf07.jpg

Sorry to be so long but it has a lot of mods to list. PM me or e-mail with questions or offers.

thanx
lincoln

hey lincoln. hope somebody buy's that thing from you. Cool jeep!

Slightly off topic, but I've gotta know. How do you avoid having the leaf spring compress into the tie rod?

Jeep'nD said:
Slightly off topic, but I've gotta know. How do you avoid having the leaf spring compress into the tie rod?

for the leaf to compress the axle has to move up and the tie rod would go with it. so when the leaf moves up the tie rod does also.

sorry if i'm stepping on your toes woodkrawler.

I really should have thought about that for roughly .2 seconds more. :wierd: :wstupid:

Would you be interested in any trades?

just to let you guys know that xj has already been sold, woodkrawler is one of my best friends and i know that he isn't checking the boards anymore that is why i am telling you this.

kegcrawler said:
just to let you guys know that xj has already been sold, woodkrawler is one of my best friends and i know that he isn't checking the boards anymore that is why i am telling you this.

Someone got an awesome deal. If it would have fit my needs a bit better, I'd have been on it in an instant.

Back