• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ heater core--make $ here!

kurazy kracka

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a clogged heater core in my xj and with cold weather coming up in the next few weeks i'd like to get a new one in there. Tried flushing current one out a bunch but its just too clogged.
I've got the new core but no idea how to install it.
Will pay someone to install it, just lemme know your price and location and availability. dead serious here.

I'm located in Northern VA

thanks
Mike

If fluid still flows threw you can try diluted muriatic acid not sure of the dilution ratio or time circulating but its worth a try.

I'm too far away and haven't done the job before, but you should know that it is a very different job based on whether you have an early gen or later gen xj.

I'm too far away and haven't done the job before, but you should know that it is a very different job based on whether you have an early gen or later gen xj.

^This.

I had never done one before, and it took me a few hours in my '92 XJ, granted I didn't care about my AC since there wasn't a charge in it anyway.

Not that bad of a job since the whole dash doesn't have to come out.

Gotta drop the dashboard to get at that one... 97 and up are a pain in the butt.

You might have better luck if you ask in the SEC forum - isn't VA part of the SEC? I forget.

Did you try doing a reverse flush? Use the normal return line as the pressure line so it flows back out of the usual supply line.

I'd help you out, but a bit too far to drive.

Back