• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Winch Bumper

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Looking for a front winch bumper for the 98 xj I own. Anyone have one they want to get rid of or have a line on some bumper build plates?

Build one like I built for my gold Jeep. I have less than $70 invested in it.

Looking into that too. What did you do for a winch plate? Did you make plans or just wing it?

I'd sell mine if I could get a fair price out of it. Otherwise I'm gonna modify it into what I need for better approach angles.

I looked on CL today and found a couple. Two ARB's and a warn one. Just looking at options right now.

I just winged it. I used 3/6 sheet. I had it bent into a 2" x 6.5" channel (6.5 so the winch feet would fit). Bolted the winch to the back side of it, cut the hole for the rope and welded it to the bumper brackets that I cut out. Then tapered the sides.

ARBs are weak. I had one on my WJ and bent it at Mountianside bumping into a dirt bank. They look tough but are not worth the money.

Back