• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 2 OEM headlight connectors + misc. front trim bits

Squarecat

NAXJA Forum User
Need:
- 2 OEM right angle connectors (with intact spades) for the headlights

Could use:
- The screws for the headlamp retaining rings (just missing 1 per side but would like a few spares)
- A few of those weird screws that hold on the grill and headlight trim (again, I have just enough to keep things together but half of those don't really bite properly)

Might be a stretch to hope, but if anyone sees front corner turn signal housings (the orange vertical ones) in good shape especially around the screws, I'd buy a pair of those too. The yard I usually go to charges about 11 bucks/ea...

With weekend custody of 2 young boys I don't have a lot of time to go salvage yard hopping and the one I can reach during a lunch break only has a single XJ that's been pretty well stripped of all decent exterior trim (although it did have some side window parts in decent condition which I won't be messing with again...)

If anyone can help me out so I can finish this "simple" project, I'd appreciate it!

Need:
- 2 OEM right angle connectors (with intact spades) for the headlights

Could use:
- The screws for the headlamp retaining rings (just missing 1 per side but would like a few spares)
- A few of those weird screws that hold on the grill and headlight trim (again, I have just enough to keep things together but half of those don't really bite properly)

Might be a stretch to hope, but if anyone sees front corner turn signal housings (the orange vertical ones) in good shape especially around the screws, I'd buy a pair of those too. The yard I usually go to charges about 11 bucks/ea...

With weekend custody of 2 young boys I don't have a lot of time to go salvage yard hopping and the one I can reach during a lunch break only has a single XJ that's been pretty well stripped of all decent exterior trim (although it did have some side window parts in decent condition which I won't be messing with again...)

If anyone can help me out so I can finish this "simple" project, I'd appreciate it!

How soon would you need the headlight stuff?

I just ordered some H4 connectors off ebay, as I'll be building a couple harnesses.

It would be more worth having one from scratch, than trying to splice some together.

They didn't take too long to get in either.

Maybe I didn't explain it well or I'm misunderstanding you, but I need to splice the OEM sockets onto the Painless harness (which I already have) because their connectors are large with wires out the back.

No rush at this point, already drove during the May deluge at night which is what led me to discover this fix (on these forums, of course...)

Maybe I didn't explain it well or I'm misunderstanding you, but I need to splice the OEM sockets onto the Painless harness (which I already have) because their connectors are large with wires out the back.

No rush at this point, already drove during the May deluge at night which is what led me to discover this fix (on these forums, of course...)

I'm talking about the plugs that the headlights plug into.

I was assuming that's what you're talking about?

These:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Dodge-...nector-Plug-Lamp-Socket-Ceramic-/251340315274

Instead of doing three splices, you would just do three crimp connections...much cleaner and more reliable.

He is looking for a right angle socket, Justin. My search skills suck, all I could find is this example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-H4-Fe...ket-/181615206746?hash=item2a491c215a&vxp=mtr

Squarecat said:
It would be helpful to know the year of your XJ, and what city you live in.

He is looking for a right angle socket, Justin. My search skills suck, all I could find is this example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-H4-Fe...ket-/181615206746?hash=item2a491c215a&vxp=mtr

It would be helpful to know the year of your XJ, and what city you live in.

Yup, that's right but I think the factory ones are shallower.

Sorry, it's a '93 and I'm in Lakewood.

If someone has a u-pull sighting in the previous few days, I could make it to one yard on a weekend.

Back