• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wow been over 4 years

92XJT

NAXJA Forum User
Well, guess its been awhile, I saw last log on for me was May, 2012. A few might remember me, though not even sure how many I remember - lol. Lots of changes for me, finally getting some wheeling rigs and now just purchased a MJ project. Last time I was wheeling with you all I had a 92 XJ sport, 33" boggers and trimmed roof top.

This past week picked up an 88 MJ with d44 front, AMC 20 rear, on 36" swampers n beadlocks. Still needs a lot: complete drivetrain and wiring, plus interior. Thinking of picking up a donor XJ 92-96 to swap it all over. Lol and this jeep led me to get a willys flatter, and cj 6 the same day.

Will try and get a few picks up soon.

Been a few years since having wheeling rigs..... After my XJ, we had a 95 YJ on 1 tons and 39.5" Iroks. Then we sold our atv and bought a Polaris rzr, which also meant selling YJ. Still had my 07 power wagon and wheeled that a bit. Rzr been our wheelin rig since 2011, well had a jk for a few years too. Power wagon and JK traded in on 2014 6.4 crew cab ram and 30' travel trailer. Been building up the rzr, lifted with 30" tires and other mods lol. Fell into some good deals on the MJ, willys, and cj6 so back to wheeling rig projects now.

You gonna keep the amc 20 out back or you gonna switch it out? Should try and make it down to Winterfest in march. Even if you don't have a rig there are always open seats somewhere. If i can get mine moveable by then i should have an open seat since wife won't be able to wheel.

mj_zpskxtjdvjd.jpg

willys_zps3srs1e3b.jpg

cj%206_zps5oyqjbmt.jpg

For now will keep the amc 20 and get the rig up and running. It did come with a 9" in the bed but gave no idea yet which 9" it is.

Here's my old wheeling XJ
100_3066.jpg

Last edited:
lol - ok, didn't think that picture posted, supposedly it was deleted since it was sooo freakin large. But anyways, now even an XJ owner again, but unfortunately for this one it is getting stripped down to finish my MJ. I don't feel as bad stripping this one since the rear unibody is rusting through. So keep your eyes peeled, eventually will be parting the remainder of this out. Though keeping a lot: grill and support, fenders, front doors, engine / trans / tcase and all wiring, as well as all interior from B pillar forward.

So started some quick assembly of the MJ while up North just to see what we all had. Lot of parts in the bed, so trying to empty it out - start making a list of things I need to buy still. Did come with the ford 9" so will have to get into that some time.

MJ%20project%201_zpstxs1pumn.jpg

Then of course being the nice father I have, after spending a few hours in the snow doing this, he said why don't you just put it in the pole barn. With that brought fun too, with the steering not hooked up and having my wife be the tow truck driver - but we all survived and got er in doors for now.

MJ%20project%202_zps69p300lp.jpg

No idea yet. Currently has 4.10 gears - which I will use for now to get it mobile and test things out. I would think if I stick with the 36" swampers probably 4.88 or 5.13s in the end.

I think lowest I can go on the AMC rear is 4.88 if I stick with that rear end. But if I'm too the point of sticking money into the 20, I would more than likely be better off building the 9".

Welcome back, I think I wheeled with you once at WF maybe...

Whats the plans on the willys? I sold my 99 XJ rig and the '66CJ and now have two 1948 willys pickups I'm working on. One of them I'm keeping as original as I got it and you may have things I could use...

Welcome back, I think I wheeled with you once at WF maybe...

Whats the plans on the willys? I sold my 99 XJ rig and the '66CJ and now have two 1948 willys pickups I'm working on. One of them I'm keeping as original as I got it and you may have things I could use...

Not sure on the willys, it may be more money to fix then its worth for both. What's parts you looking for?

Back