• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would you buy this

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
1999 cherokee. 128k miles. Straight body. 4.0 automatic. 8.25 rearend interior is clean. Power everything wrks and so does 4x4. Its $6200

What would a fair price be for it?

No way. $6200 is way too much for a stock XJ IMO. I'd be looking to spend $2-3k. What are you buying, clean carpet?
I do want to encourage your XJ fanaticism, but find one for half the price and spend the other half on upgrades.

Not that everyone can repeat this, but i got my 146k mile rig with the front and rear bumpers dented and a salvage title for $500. And I have like $5k in upgrades.

It's all about how fast you want it and if you are will to pay.

My 97 all stock with a bad head gasket 126k $1500 (still haven't fixed the head, it comes and goes)

My all stock 01 I paid $600 bucks and it needed a water pump.

There are good deals out there
It's just are you willing to work looking for them and wait for one to pop up

But $6,200 is over priced
Is this at a car lot? If so are you looking for financing?

Because I would get on CL and find one
And go to a credit union and get prequalified for a loan. Find out what there limitations are some places will do older.

Anyway I would say you can find one pretty easy for 3-5k

But like I said its up to you.

6,200 for something you plan on building to wheel... No way!

Clean DD mostly stock. If you are ok with the price and it's perfect and I mean perfect. Then do it.

If it's everything you are looking for, it's priced right

To clarify..

Some people are looking for exact options and condition, color, year.. Etc

I know one guy that could not find the exact rig he wanted.. Until one day it popped up for $5k, but it was 2wd.. He bought it!

I would not spend $6200 for just any XJ, but for me.. If I could find a red "Classic" 1999 5 speed, with 100k miles in mint shape.. I'd cough up $6200 quickly

Damn, things are pricey up your way. There is one on Craigslist here for a grand.

Back