• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winter Fun Festival 2004

WesternXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I got a call from the chairman last night asking if we still wanted to crew the sunday trails. Cal 4 wheel is NOT going to increase fees for the trail crews (you get in for 1/2 price) :yelclap: .
The event is on Martin Luther King b-day weekend (three day weekend in the middle of January). :party:
Anyone interested?
There is more info on the Cal 4 wheel web page.
www.ca4wdc.com click on events then Winter Fun Festival.

There's a meeting the middle of this month and I need to let them know if we're going to lead the Sunday trails. We'll need 5-6 rigs per trail crew.
Jes, do you want to attend the meeting and express your concerns?

I'd like to do a 'pre-run' of the trails soon. Looks like we got a little snow yesterday (more to come Sunday and Monday), so it should be fun. This will help all those who are going to participate get an idea of where the trails are.
Maybe later this month? What works for you guys?

where is it going to be at?

I may still be in NorCal for winter break, but my truck will be in Michigan, but I would be interested in riding along if someone has an open seat. I also have a digital camera and like taking lots of pictures.

brett

I wanna play!
Keven, you know better than I do when my truck will be ready, but if I can make it, I'd like to come. Are these stocker trails, or lift and tires trails?

Mad maXJ, the trails are between Washington and Malakoff Diggin's. I'm sure someone will have an open seat.

Phil, you can do the 'pre-run' in stock form, but we'll need to get your lift installed before the actual event. ;)

Billy, what needs to be finished? Is there something I could do?

When we get a date nailed down, I'll rent the cabins for us. :party:

How about the weekend following Turkey day (29-30)?

I think I can take the Lowrider out one more time before it's not such a lowrider anymore. 22nd-23rd works for me, my last midterm of the quarter is the 21st.
I should know about an empty seat a couple days after we nail down a date for sure.

Whoops, forgot about the 21-23 being Johnson Valley. Is there going to be enough of a group to go play in the snow anyway?

Should be. This is a run for the non JV crew. :D

I think I'll start a new thread about the run as there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this thread.

Hey Keven, how are you? The last time we wheeled together was the Morman Immigrant trail. As a matter of fact, that's close to the last time I've wheeled. Damn!!

I'm hoping to make the WFF, gotta love the snow. I'm planning on Siberian Express on Sat. but not sure about Sunday, what's the plan? Think we could get off the trail before 10:30/11 p.m.? :) (as in WWF '02 + an abandoned snowbound Dodge Ram) I've got to head out *fairly* early on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

So who's going?
Where's a good place to stay? Can I tent camp at the fair grounds? Would I even want to?
:twak: Didn't register before the 15th, so now I'm gonna have to pay $10 extra.

Hey Keven,

It was great to see you again at the Toy Run. Jimmie and I talked about Winter Fun Fest and since there will not be any games on Sunday, well if you still need help on that day we are willing and able. Also lets us know how much help you need we might be able to get some of the STH members to help also. We are having our monthly meeting on Jan 8 and we can talk to them then. Also, STH is serving Fri. dinner so we are not able to go on the night run. But if you need some company waiting for them to show up at the fire let us know we would like to help you there also.

Lets us know when you might be going out to break trail for that weekend. Since the TJ's can cut through the snow alot easier than those XJ's.

See you soon

Sharon

Jim&Sharon said:
Hey Keven

Hey Kev
I have been snow bound lately, I havent had a day off since Dec. 21st!!
Just an update on the snow. I cleared the road into Eagle lakes yesterday (at least the off-ramp) and we have alot for the Siberian, etc. But the big news is the cold up on Donner last night it was -7!! Just before day break it hurt to breath outside. So just be sure to dress accordingly. I may may a showing at the event during the day. Will look for you, but since I sleep in the day and blow snow at night it wont be long. Take care and wheel safe.
Dave
High Mobility Inc :phone:

It was great to see you guys again too Sharon. :wave: I'll have to let you know at the event as to how many rigs I'll need. Just check if anyone from the STH would be interested?
Thanks for the heads up Dave, we'll keep an eye out for ya! :wierd:

WesternXJ said:
It was great to see you guys again too Sharon. :wave: I'll have to let you know at the event as to how many rigs I'll need. Just check if anyone from the STH would be interested?
Thanks for the heads up Dave, we'll keep an eye out for ya! :wierd:

What is everyone doing for accomodations? I think it will be to cold to tent camp. It would take me 25.00 each way to get there and back to woodland so that's out.

Back