• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's run holy Cross?

trippled

NAXJA Forum User
Just how bad is it? I understand Cleveland rock is no bs, but what about the rest? I've always really wanted to run this trail, but pics and videos never do a trail Justice. Any first hand experience? I've been debating whether this trail is doable or not for me.

I've ran it a few times. Most of the trail isn't too bad. What's your rigs setup? There's a few areas that may give you some trouble depending on lockers and tire size etc. just be sure to go with someone else and have a working winch.

35's and lockers make it no problem based on when we ran it at CO Fest a few years ago.

4 noteworthy obstacles the first 2 are a couple rock ledges they are as hard or easy as the lines you want to take . 3rd French Creek which is again as easy or hard as the line you want to make .Then 4th and last obstacle Cleveland rock just past the city . There are some mild obstacles between these but nothing 33s should have issue with and basically everything is as hard as you want to make it . Your Jeep is plenty to drive in and back out .

I was going to go Tomorrow , but was too lazy to build a rear drive shaft , so I will either go during CoFest or next weekend . I am only going so I can drive over Cleveland rock and my buddy Danny wants to as well ...lol...kind of a long trip for one obstacle , but it is what it is .

French Creek was a bitch a couple of years ago. After dozens of rigs leaving slimey mud over all the rocks, you couldn't stay up on the rocks or have any traction. Even the buggys were having issues.

If it was dry, it would have been easy.

Really the only part I can think of offhand that is harder is French Creek.

The fuller it is, the harder it is to get through (you slide of most things).

But, the far left line isn't too bad these days.

Cleveland Rock is a purely optional play obstacle, but I would say it's harder than the exit of Carnage.

Chinamans gulch is harder and has more obstacles than Holycross . You ran CMG no issue you would run Holycross as easy . Holycross just like Chinamans has obstacles that allow you to pick your line of difficulty . French creek is not a difficult obstacle and it still follows the idea of picking your line of desired difficulty starting from the far Left is the easiest and no worries ...lol...Holycross for a locked rig on 33-35 really is an easy trail for a locked rig 37+ there is only 1 obstacle worth driving the trail for that being Cleveland rock which is completely optional and like most holycross videos you either see it skipped completely or a driver with no coin purse hooked to a winch diaper .

Really the only part I can think of offhand that is harder is French Creek.

The fuller it is, the harder it is to get through (you slide of most things).

But, the far left line isn't too bad these days.

Cleveland Rock is a purely optional play obstacle, but I would say it's harder than the exit of Carnage.

Cleveland is only little harder than the carnage exit , which is not rely hard on 42s ...the waterfall is the challenge on Carnage ...That obstacle can be done on DOT tires after what I watched the day my truss came off I fully expect to take the waterfall without a winch now .

Cleveland is only little harder than the carnage exit , which is not rely hard on 42s ...the waterfall is the challenge on Carnage ...That obstacle can be done on DOT tires after what I watched the day my truss came off I fully expect to take the waterfall without a winch now .

Good luck.

Even Travis with his 47s and 6.0L didn't make it last time. It's on my list of one's I have yet to make.

The exit is a cakewalk. I've seen more people denied by Cleveland rock than the exit of Carnage the last couple years.

Good luck.

Even Travis with his 47s and 6.0L didn't make it last time. It's on my list of one's I have yet to make.

The exit is a cakewalk. I've seen more people denied by Cleveland rock than the exit of Carnage the last couple years.

Yeah ...lol...those 47 ltb work real well...almost as well as 44tsl ...;-)

Personally, I stay away from Holy Cross on weekends. Way too many people. I had to wait an hour for the line at French Creek.

Back