• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's ready for hunting season?

For some crazy reason though, we're not allowed to hunt dove with bow and arrow. :nono:

I couldn't hit a dove standing still, let alone flying with a bow.

http://youtu.be/-uzJnangEK0

I'm pretty excited. Found some local BLM land with water, a small valley of oaks and full blown 4x4 only access. Didn't find any recent signs of other folks having been in there. Saw a few dove and am going back this weekend to look for signs of quail.

I skip dove opener on purpose. I'll be hunting Thurs/Fri at a small patch of local BLM land with water and birds. Will hit the IV next week for a day or two.

We did real good, went to a spot up north near California city. Me, my buddy and his brother would have had our limits, but we missed a few :) tons of birds tho, we just ran out of time in the evening. We started out at two different spots for the morning and afternoon, had birds at every spot we hit. The evening hunt was the best, but we ran out of time. I still came home with 13.

Mako, we have a decent spot for duck (found it at the end of last year ), I owe you a hunt with us for all those decoys you gave me. I'll message you next month when get our schedule together. Your more then welcome to join us this year. We were going to invite you last year, but didn't have much luck until we found the last spot at the end of the season.

Just hung up with my old man. He went out yesterday afternoon to the southern end of the Cleveland NF down by Tenaja Falls and got a couple birds. Didn't see many flying. He did flush a covey of quail though, figures 12 or so in the covey. Because I'm only 20-25 minutes from hunting this spot from my front door I've stomped it a few times last year for quail with no luck.

Anyone up for a day run to the IV next week? Zero dark thirty run to Niland, back home later that night? Looking at my calender it would have to be either the 11th or 12th of next week.

Anyone going out for the waterfowl opener?

Back