• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's a diver or spearo?

offroadordnance

NAXJA Forum User
Basic intro, I am AOW, nitrox, and FII level 1. I mostly spearfish / freedive and go for bugs on scuba around Fort Lauderdale. I'd like to include spearfishing in NC, Vir or west coast if I take my junk on a little offroad vaca this year or next. I might do FII level 2 in Hawaii and it would be cool to meet fellow XJ'ers and see how you guys wheel or sling steel. PR is not far away and I've heard spearfishing is good and would love to checkout the offroad scene there as well. Anybody else here into diving / spearfishing?

Yep. But I hold my breath for diving either for fish or bugs.

Ever go for abalone, pismos, or anything else interesting? How about WSB in the kelp and taking hali's by knife or spike? Last year we took a few flounders by knife cause you can't get the flopper through when they are laying on hard reef. Occasionally we get a few squid on a good day as well. Decent sized for calamari, but not the monsters you get on the west coast.

If you've never dove the west coast, be prepared. The water out west is cold.

If you've never dove the west coast, be prepared. The water out west is cold.

Feels great with an 8 mil suit

Till you hit the thermocline

Still beach diving in board shorts today! Super flat and 50' viz.

dIKHUnm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back