• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which one should I get???

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
I am buying a truck nest week and cant decide on which one to get. My two choices are either a 2006 4cyl toyota tacoma prerunner regular cab or an 06 4cyl nissan frontier ext cab...The tacoma gets better mileage has bare minimum options and well, its a toyota...and the frontier is loaded except for power windows and is an extended cab but it gets bad mileage....I am kind of buying for mileage but I like the extra room in the frontier....AND they are the same price...Which would you guys get??

frontier
2192418271.223948570.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

or

tacoma
2133039799.223377155.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Well, normally Id say the Toyota, but since this particular Nissan looks a lot more upscale and also looks to have more options...Id go w/ the Nissan and just be thankful you got that truck for the price you did and try and not think about the gas mileage.

well thats the problem....I will be commuting about 120 miles a day for work.....

I have a 05 Nissan Frontier LE Crew-Cab with the 4.0 V-6 and automatic. I get 21mpg highway, and 18.7mpg city. And I dont drive like an old lady either :firedevil !

I say get the Nissan, just be sure to get the extended warranty. They are almost fully electronic (throttle-by-wire for example) you dont even want to know what it would cost to fix something.

i recently got rid of my ext cab sonoma v6 5sp, which was a sweet truck, so I could get something that got good mileage for my long commute to work. I really miss the power , comfort, and the room, but I have my cherokee for that now. I didnt want to give up having a truck though because i haul alot of stuff, but I have gotten used to the toyota now, just cant recline the seat too good. There area lot of downsides to a regular cab, even if you have a backpack and one other person with you there is no room.

So if I were you i'd weigh the options depending on what you are gonna do with it, I like the taco, but the room in the ext cab really makes a difference in comfort and convinence.

old
1.jpg

new W/JEEP WHEELS
toyota afta.jpg

Last edited:
hmmmm...yeah this is really hard! haha...I will be building the truck into a prerunner within a few years, also....I can get one of those cloth canopys for the back to store stuff I need the extra room too, I guess.....Im leaning towards the toyota.

I was buying a truck and had my heart set on a chevy or dodge. The dodge won over and the dealer let me test drive it home to show the wife at the time. All the wife requested was that I at least go test drive the new at the time f-150. So I reluctantly went in for a test drive. No Comparison. The 98 f-150 just plain drove so easy and smooth. I could play with the radio and drive it and it was all I could do to drive the dodge in traffic. So I would just sugest you do the same. Try to see if you just feel more comfortable in one. Maybe you can see out of one better or can jump in and out better. It's kinda like a pair of $100 shoes that don't fit right. They are worse than 15 payless specials. Cars and trucks are a poor investment but I got paid milage based on the year of the vehicle. Reconsider if you can't pay cash for it or arn't basically debt free. The toyota would be way easier to build down the road because of aftermarket support.

True that^^ I will go test drive tomorrow....

Back