• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which exhaust is the best w/o going broke?

Easy enough - have the header split 1/2/3 and 4/5/6, have an exit flange/collector (three-into-one) for each set, then run parallel tubes and cats/mufflers out the back.

Awful lot of work for minimal gain, tho. Better off fabbing up a properl equal-length header with two three-into-one collectors dumping into a wye collector, fixing the downpipe to match, then leaving well enough alone on the rest (2.25"-2.50" is about right for the typical 242ci. A mild stroker will want 2.75"-3.00" exhaust.)

Yea I figured that you could do it with a custom job. Lol you can do anything with enough money. Just haven't seen people run duals regularly. Thx!

Maybe it's just me, but i didn't notice any power difference on my HO with an aftermarket exhaust (2.5", cat, chamber-style muffler). It just makes more noise now. Kinda irritating, actually...

If you're strapped for cash, you might want to consider putting it elsewhere IMO.

APN/hiflowcat/Borla catback, the borla offers the million mile warrenty and it's 304 stainless(no rust) and it's not loud but sounds good with it's deeper tone.

i dont think spintech sounds ricey, the small ones are sweet but a lil spendy. if i had the money i'd get one they are smooth like keith stone lol

I have the Dynomax kit on my '93. For $80 or whatever after rebate, it was hard to pass up. Stock quiet while cruising, some grunt when you accellerate, and more bark when you punch it. Not the best sounding on the 4.0 in my opinion, but I noticed a little more power and the price was right.

srmitchell here has the IRO kit on his and I think that sounds great. He said it's not loud on the freeway, too. Has more of that chambered muffler sound that I think is a perfect fit on the 4.0.

Magnaflow muffler with a 2.5" tailpipe should also be a nice setup for under $200.

I just cut off the stock and welded in a Thrush Welded Muffler that I bought at Advanced Auto for $30. Sounds just like a Flowmaster.

Same here. Mine was $25.
If your truck isn't registered (its trail only) you have absolutely no need to install a catalytic converter. They are only required on licensed vehicles.

If your truck isn't registered (its trail only), and you want to help the greenies shut down our trails, and you want the people trail riding behind you to get sick, and you really don't are about preserving the nature that you're out enjoying, you have absolutely no need to install a catalytic converter. They are only required for considerate people.

Fixed it.
Billy

Back