• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

when brake line extensions needed?

RaptorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
When are brake line extensions needed on the XJ? I ask as I have a 3 inch lift with 31s. So far for years they have been fine. But I am thinking of putting the front sway bar quick disconnects on for more flex. With a 3 inch lift and front sway bar disconnects will brake line extensions be needed? If its needed as extra information my XJ is a 1994.

When they become your limiting straps.

I had 7.5" and they ripped off the inner wheel well mounts but never busted so I'd say no at 3"
The right answer would be find your max droop

Just straighten out the hard line..It's fine on 3" if you do that. What length shocks?

And just to clarify.. Are you wheeling with the sway bar on? lol

Shocks are the N2.0 rough country 2-4 inch lift ones.

And yes I have been doing wheeling for years ( since 2007! lol ) with it still connected. In NJ most times am just in sand pits and hasn't been terrible but its becoming annoying on bumpy trails with it still connected lol.

If you ever do disconnect it the brake line as it is now will be the limiting strap. Just extend the hard line all the way to the bottom of the frame and run a self tapper. I've done it on a buddys rig and he runs 10" travel shocks 3" zone lift with bpe and a tiny bit of slack to spare at full droop

Best, off-the-shelf option is 95 YJ brake lines for the front.

Back