• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would YOU do with all these parts

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
So I scored a 10000 mile old rubicon express 4.5 inch lift for a ZJ from the junkyard. Adjust upper and lowers (all 8), shocks and both tracbars.

I have a 99 XJ with a 2" BB.

Do I...

A. Use the front parts and leave the rear at two for the prerunner look. Don't want to go any bigger in the rear because I don't want to buy a SYE.

B. Sell off the whole thing and buy something else for my rig

Suck it up and get an SYE and build a bastard pack for the rear using the money gained from selling the rear parts to partially pay for it. A hack and tap SYE is only $100 and you can use a stock front shaft. A bastard pack can be built for reasonably cheap.

You might not need an SYE at 4.5. I didn't and I know other people who didn't.

The generalization that you need one over a 3 inch lift is simply that, a generalization.

Worst case, you drop the tcase down an inch.

You're only two spring packs away from a whole XJ lift kit. If that's what you want, then do it. If not, then don't. Asking us what you should do is silly.

Last edited:
One thing you could do, that is if you have an AW4, is use a stock crossmember from an xj that was a manual. Do not remember which one, but gives approx .5"-.75" drop, with no other clearance loss.

Back