• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what? how?

One time (before the internet) I answered an ad for a Maverick convertible... ;)

I needs a little cilantro, onion, and some chili.

I don't doubt that at all!

No offense to you, but I hate driving in TN. They don't have inspection stickers and they don't make the school kids take Driver's Ed! :confused1

No offense taken, we moved here from pa. The part we live in I see every others states idiotic drivers (they worse than Tennessee drivers!)
No inspections, no emissions... That is a relief for off roaders, if your trail rig is also your street rig. Hell we got dune buggies and golf carts driving the streets here! Lol. I haven't really checked into it, but I believe if you have an engine smaller than around 50cc you don't need to get a license plate for it. And still legally drive (ride) it on the streets.

All those inspections n stuff are nothing more than a money maker for the city/state. They don't really give a rats butt about YOUR safety... They just want your money.

No offense taken, we moved here from pa. The part we live in I see every others states idiotic drivers (they worse than Tennessee drivers!)
No inspections, no emissions... That is a relief for off roaders, if your trail rig is also your street rig. Hell we got dune buggies and golf carts driving the streets here! Lol. I haven't really checked into it, but I believe if you have an engine smaller than around 50cc you don't need to get a license plate for it. And still legally drive (ride) it on the streets.

All those inspections n stuff are nothing more than a money maker for the city/state. They don't really give a rats butt about YOUR safety... They just want your money.

Actually some of TN requires inspections. It is county based, not statewide. I have to smog my 3 Jeeps yearly to renew my tags...including my modified XJ.

Actually some of TN requires inspections. It is county based, not statewide. I have to smog my 3 Jeeps yearly to renew my tags...including my modified XJ.

That sucks more than anything. I'm iut near Knoxville... Only thing we have to worry about is a stupid "wheel tax" depending which county you live in.

I don't see the big deal with inspections. They don't hurt anything, and if I can't afford the $9 test fee, I can't afford to be an Jeeper!

I don't see the big deal with inspections. They don't hurt anything, and if I can't afford the $9 test fee, I can't afford to be an Jeeper!
I'll respectfully disagree. Its one more cog in an already inefficient nanny state government which attempts to mandate/regulate/and enforce arguably ineffective controls which will not solve enough issues to warrant it's exorbitant costs.

Back