• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted D30 with 3.05 gears

Catch22

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a d30 with 3.05 gears in the Tennessee area.

I have to make a run to Atlanta at some point in the next 2 months. Ill see if I can fit that in if I don't find one closer.

3.05? or 3.07? I know someone here in huntsville that has one.........if he hasn't sold it yet. but it is 3.07

I need to correct this. Yes 3.07.
What did it come out of and what year?

Last edited:
Mine is still sitting in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. It's a 5-speed so it would have 3.07 gears.

With enough notice (And pre-payment) I'd bet I could get that axle to Atlanta for you.

Rule of thumb as I understand it is 1% for on road 2% for off. So 3.05x.01 is ~.03 meaning 3.02-3.08 gears are just fine to mix :D

That's how I understand it too, you can mix the two and I use the ratios interchangeably. 3.07 is technically what I have in the rear of what I'm looking to convert.

Mine is still sitting in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee. It's a 5-speed so it would have 3.07 gears.

With enough notice (And pre-payment) I'd bet I could get that axle to Atlanta for you.

I'm interested in that XJ either way. It seems there are a few things out that direction I need to check out.
This is for a 2wd conversion I plan to sell after its fixed/converted so I'm hoping to find something closer as the drive cuts into costs. If it was for a keeper I would't mind the drive as much (like for the MJ door skins/seats out your way)

Back