• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Various parts FS: D30, AW4, + Misc XJ Parts!

TRAILREADYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Since my XJ will go one of two directions, I have decided to sell some parts off it. I am either going to,
A: Turn it into a chopped trail rig on one ton axles with V8 power (current engine and trans are going into the MJ).
OR
B: Part it all out to help fund the MJ build.
Although the first would obviously be the coolest, the lack of time and money will probably lead to the 2nd. Although I hate to see her go, she has seen better days, and served me well.

Therefore, if you need ANY parts for a 1990 4DR XJ, just ask, even if it's not listed below. Please note, all lift parts have been transferred to the MJ. I may sell my rear spring setup, but it has to stay for a while.

Parts currently available, contact me for a shipping quote. This also includes some other parts I have, not from the XJ.

-HP D30 Front axle, Vacuum disconnect modified with cable (like posi-lock). 3.55 gears. Needs pass side axle u-joint, maybe the whole shaft, and possibly hub bearings in the near future. Good upgrade for 00-01 with the low pinion D30 (can use your old unit bearings and brakes if needed). $75 (still need to pull, but is loose under the Jeep.)

-AW4 trans, 21 spline. $50 obo

-84-96 XJ Taillight, RH, Good condition, $25

-8.8, 3.73 ring and pinion, used, ford brand. Make offer.

-8.8 31 spline Factory LSD, The centering pin hole is stripped and needs to be repaired, but should be usable. Otherwise in good condition. $50 obo

-Stock T-case Skid, no hardware included, $15

-Stock Gas tank skid, no hardware included, $30

More to come! Trades considered!

These items are also for sale locally. I am located in Snowville VA, about 30 min from Blacksburg toward Claytor Lake. I prefer local pickup or delivery, but can ship most items if need be.

Last edited:
Im very intrested in the aw4. I've got a 94 xj with a 5spd and i want to swap in an auto. How many miles are on the transmission?
IIRC it has about 120K on it, however with yours being a 94, I believe your T-case input will be a 23 spline. This has a 21 spline output :(.

BTT, I still have the following available...

-HP D30 Front axle, Vacuum disconnect modified with cable (like posi-lock). 3.55 gears. Needs pass side axle u-joint, maybe the whole shaft, and possibly hub bearings in the near future. Good upgrade for 00-01 with the low pinion D30 (can use your old unit bearings and brakes if needed). $75 (still need to pull, but is loose under the Jeep.)

-AW4 trans, 21 spline. $50 obo

-8.8 31 spline Factory LSD, The centering pin hole is stripped and needs to be repaired, but should be usable. Otherwise in good condition. $50 obo

-Overhead Console from 90 Laredo. I recovered thin in a high quality vinyl a couple years ago, Grey in color. The Compass and thermometer didn't work in my XJ, but this may have just been a power issue. $30

I will have more listed soon!

I need all four hinges off the front doors if you are willing to part with them. Cut or not cut is ok with me. Just the part that bolts to the front doors.

Let me know if you are willing to part with them, pm or email.

[email protected]

~James

I need all four hinges off the front doors if you are willing to part with them. Cut or not cut is ok with me. Just the part that bolts to the front doors.

Let me know if you are willing to part with them, pm or email.

[email protected]

~James
I am going to hang on to the front doors to make half doors for the MJ, BUT... I may be able to come up with a set. Let me do some digging and get back to you.

UPDATE!!! NP231, D30, AW4, + Misc XJ Parts!

UPDATE: Below is a list of currently available parts.

-HP D30 Front axle, Vacume disconnect modified with cable (like posi-lock). 3.55 gears. Needs pass side axle u-joint and maybe hub bearings. Good upgrade for TJ or ZJ with low pinion D30 (can use your old unit bearings and brakes if needed). $75 (still need to pull, but is loose under the Jeep.)

-Stock Gas tank Skid, no hardware included, $30

-NP231 Transfer Case, 21 spline input. Good condition, shifts and engages smoothly. $175

-AW4 Auto trans, 21 spline output, good condition. $50

-Stock rear driveshaft w/internal style slip yoke. Originally used with D35 rear end, I had upgraded to the 8.25 rear, and the extra length worked well with my lift/axle combo. The yoke has been clearanced for maximum travel without binding. $25

-Center Console. Grey/black. Arm rest hinge has been repaired stronger than sock (most are broken by now). The "coin trey" has been cut out for a switch panel, but I can make a ABS plate to cover it if you would like. Does not include trans and t-case bezels. $30

-HVAC dash switch panel. Good condition. $15

-Cig Lighter socket panel, complete. $10

-Switch panel and switches, power/comfort and rear wiper. $15

-Transmission Control Unit (common cause of any shifting problems in your AW4 Jeep!) Good condition. $30

gauge cluster shipped to 37412 if its actual gauges and not the idiot light cluster?

It's the gauges, and has GoJeep's white backgrounds. They are the 2nd ones down on this page http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/Whitebground.htm. They can be removed if you wanted the stock look.

The bad thing is, while installing the faces, I broke the voltmeter :(. The needle is still there so it looks ok, it just doesn't function. I am also not sure about the oil pressure, but that's just because my sensor was broken and I never tested it. It's probably okay, I just want to let you know just in case.
I ended up just using one of those 3 gauge clusters for the oil, voltage, and trans temp. It worked well, and I mounted the oil and volt gauges where the clock goes..almost looked factory.

I was considering swapping them in the MJ as well, but I'll sell them for $25 shipped.

Last edited:
Back