• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying out something new when I go out:

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
Went to Moab last weekend, and I took my drone with to try out something new while I was there. I took a series of photos, about 300 in total, and then I upload them to a site that stitches them together to make a 3d model that you can view.

https://www.altizure.com/project/58bcf702dfa240563f9d924b/model

This was the first time doing this and I am floored with the results! There are a number of other awesome views around that I want to do this with....a way to virtually explore an area.

This is called photogrammetry, it take a series of photos and based on the different perspectives can build a model from it. I am using a DJI Phantom 3 Pro to fly over and capture the photos to build the model.

Besides the videos the Drone can take which are pretty BA it can be used for this as well, I'm looking forward to getting out more this summer and doing this in other places.

Dude........ That is pretty damn cool.

:worship:

oh, wow. That is incredible.

Back