• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow package

Hahaha, will this pass pre-run NAXJA inspection? Makes me want to put one on just above my receiver hitch just to mess with people.

Depends how many cases of beer he has for the person doing the inspecting.

The guy is driving a ratty ass 20 year old station wagon; maybe he's got more pressing financial concerns than $200 worth of towing hardware to pull a 12' Jon boat around twice a year.

What I find interesting is the hitch is bent down, but the bumper isn't even slightly warped. So,.. is that hitch made of REALLY cheap pot metal, or are stock bumpers stronger then we give them credit for?

My wife backed in to a black walnut tree in our driveway. She creased the bumper to the point the hatch wouldn't open. I drilled two holes in the bumper and used a u-bolt exhaust clamp to hook a chain to the bumper and pulled it out with the same tree. It is surprisingly tough. I replaced it with a JCR bumper after that. She might hit it again.:D

So what do you have against that tree?

like the tree. The poor thing has been hit several times. Tough bastard. My wife likes to run in to things. Two weeks ago she turned too sharp with our 99 Grand and cut a foot long gash in the side of the rear door with the top rail of my utility trailer.:yelclap:I Gotta love the wifey.

like the tree. The poor thing has been hit several times. Tough bastard. My wife likes to run in to things. Two weeks ago she turned too sharp with our 99 Grand and cut a foot long gash in the side of the rear door with the top rail of my utility trailer.:yelclap:I Gotta love the wifey.
sounds like you need to buy the wifey a military surplus tank, or you could just teach her how to drive. My g/f is the same way, she just loves those big yellow cement posts at the fast food drive thru's.

sounds like you need to buy the wifey a military surplus tank,..
I think that might be the wrong solution. It sounds like she's aiming at some of his more expensive equipment. A better deal might be to get her a Geo Metro or a Smart Car. that way when she hits the trailers, favorite trees, etc, it hurts the car but not the surroundings.
Buy her an M-37 and there's no telling the damage she could inflict. :looney:

Buy her an M-37 and there's no telling the damage she could inflict. :looney:

It would look very cool in the driveway tho, who cares about the damage.lol.

Is it still a driveway if house is no longer intact?

Sure it is, don't dismiss it on a technicality. If you can park there it is.lol

This is in the parking lot at work today. I'm certain this is an ultra rare dealer installed option and probably cost tens of dollars. Sorry for the large size.

Yes, those two bolts hold the whole thing on. I looked.

In fact my 84 and 89 parts rigs both had these stupid things on them the 84 had a nice steel plate bent up fitting the inside of the bumper and
both had 2 bolts on top like the pic but also 2 more in the bottom of the bumper too
all Chitty torx head stuff.They do work ok to nail your shins on and maybe to stab Radiators when A-holes rearend you?

The guy who has to pay for it?

If he has the money to park a m37 in the driveway, this would be a minor issue.:rof::eyes:

Having the money to park an M-37 is easy. It's having the money to keep one running,..

Back