• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Top 10 Questions to ask a Progressive

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
http://downtrend.com/71superb/top-ten-questions-to-ask-a-liberal/

To be clear, a true Liberal believes in limited government, is a defender of personal liberty and stands for all of the personal rights and freedoms guaranteed equally to all mankind, under the US Constitution. The modern day use of Liberal is the reference, as the label was co-opted by Progressives, so these questions should be fielded by Progressives.

GO!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I would want to associate myself too heavily with Downtrend...

Maybe not...

However, a few of those questions are right on.

Laws that are the same for everyone do not discriminate against anyone.
We see a backlash against fines by the poor, they feel they are singled out due to their economic status and that fines should be levied based on the ability to pay. They claim that fines are regressive and keeps them poor.
But the fees are the same for everyone, and if you can't pay, you could spend time in Jail instead. Knowing that, and knowing the fine, and that they can't pay it, they still commit the crime. In my minds eye, they just dug their own hole and pulled in the top soil after them. How does that make the law unfair, or even Racist?

Affirmative Action programs are Racist, they are intended to be racist. They "Favor" one group of Citizens over another. The intent was to give persons of color a leg up. However in the 50 odd years since they were implemented, they have hardly made a dent in unemployment and educational scores of the average person of color. If anything, test scores and HS graduation rates have fallen as being ignorant and having served (or dressing like you've been somebodys jail bitch" is the new "Cool". The Social experiment has failed, let's abolish it and move on.

The one thing that did work toward integration, was busing. It forced kids to grow up with people of different races and started a dialog.

Immigration:
Statistics has clearly shown what happens when you pardon those here illegally; border crossings sky rocket. It is a 1:1 relationship. Every time a President even mumbles the "A" word, border crossings increase.
So how would ""Solving"" the immigration problem by offering amnesty work out different this time? We have laws on the books to penalize those to offer economic assistance to the undocumented. We should either enforce them, or remove them from the books and stop complaining about a problem we created by dithering on the subject of immigration.

~Ron

Last edited:
The other side to the coin on fines lies with enforcement...police patrol lower income areas heavier than higher income areas. So, while both rich and poor may be committing the crimes, it's generally the poor who are hit the hardest.

Affirmative action is a double edged sword, in it's attempts to give minorities a leg up to help make up for the disadvantaged position historically we're working our way out of, it also calls into doubt the qualifications of anyone who gets promoted as a result. Sagging pants are everywhere. They are worn by black, white, brown, and everything in between and have little to nothing to do with education or employment.

I agree on integration and immigration. We have a lot of laws that are being selectively enforced that should either be removed or enforced.

Law enforcement Patrols areas which have been spotlighted are often done so at the request of the community. This is because, by and large, they are trouble areas. Shootings, robbery, gang violence seem to haunt these communities like a bad ghost.
The law abiding folks in those areas don't want that BS in their community, so they ask the Police to step up enforcement. So if they get "hit hardest" it's their own F'n fault. Stop making excuses for bad behavior.

I disagree with you about saggy pants. I still see kids walking across the street holding up their pants by the middle. It's a personal respect issue, and who wants to hire someone with no respect for themselves? I disagree with the color/culture argument you tried to make. This is definitely a ""Black"" male thing. Yes, there was a "fad" but it has pretty much died out.

Unless there is a serious paradigm shift in the "African-American Community, there will be fail after fail.

Last edited:
Illegal immigration is around 4.2% of the population. I really can't see how it is a major problem, except for being constantly hyped.

Between 46-51% of the population (depending on whose numbers you use) is on some sort of assistance. If every illegal alien was on assistance and they magically disappeared, you'd still have 42-47% of the population on some sort of assistance. If every illegal alien was a felon and disappeared tomorrow, Your chances of being killed assaulted or robbed would drop around 4%.

The tactic of blaming everything on illegal immigration is facist tripe. Like the Germans blaming all of their problems on the Jews.

Over half of the all crime is perpetrated by 12% of the population.

More, stronger, better trained Police seem to make the social problems worse, not better. It maybe helps that people hate the Police more than each other, but that isn't a solution.

If the master plan for the Police is to overreact, shoot or just generally alienate society, is supposed to cow them into submission, it doesn't seem like a viable plan and unlikely to work. The end result is liable to be open rebellion. The Police are outnumbered around a hundred to one.

If the standard for shooting someone is that a Police officer is in fear for his life, a few more shootings of 12 year olds is likely to convince the general public maybe the Police are to be feared and convince them the Police are more dangerous than the thugs. If you see a Cop and are in fear for your life is shooting the Cop justifiable?

Last edited:
Illegal immigration is a problem for a number of reasons. These people tend to put pressure on social support programs ranging from health to education because they can not pay taxes, without also becoming a felon by piggybacking on someone else's SSN.

But most of all, it is unfair to those who try and come here legally with skills we can use.
With the lack of manufacturing jobs (Thanks Corporate America!), there are more than enough people already here to fill those positions. We don't need more uneducated people, we need people with education. For those people, we make it hard, very hard to stay here legally. For the uneducated who swim across the border, or sail the seas in a rickety boat, we are saying "you can stay if you can beget children here". That's BS.

Yes, I'm sorry their life sucks where they lived, but if they would have stayed there and worked as hard there to make their life better as they spent coming here, and dodging the INS, the IRS, and everyone else trying to kick them out, their homeland might not suck so bad.

As for bad Police, there are bad Police everywhere.
But, as a general rule, Police Departments have been coming to the realization that it is everyones best interest to work with the Community at large and to be a part of it, rather than separate. It's a tactic which works.

If the standard for shooting someone is that a Police officer is in fear for his life, a few more shootings of 12 year olds is likely to convince the general public maybe the Police are to be feared and convince them the Police are more dangerous than the thugs. If you see a Cop and are in fear for your life is shooting the Cop justifiable?

While I can be considered a "Progressive", if not a "Flaming Liberal" by some, I can't fully consider that incident just straight up bad police work, especially after seeing the the CCTV footage.

I will preface the following with this, I work someplace that sells those kinds of guns on a regular basis both in store and on ebay (ok, we now sell a lot!) Many of these guns are actually licensed replicas of the real deals (just like a model car) or generic ones that would fool just about anybody when viewed from the right angle. While some of the guns we've gotten in are generic ones called "Zombie Hunters" and usually are a combination of snot green and black plastic pieces or ones where they are molded in clear plastic to make them hopefully more obvious (I think New York requires those be sold), but typically the only difference between these and a real gun is a barrel tip that is either molded in or painted "Safety" or "Traffic Cone" Orange, or even sometimes just Red plastic. Now if what I've been seeing and reading is infact true, this gun was altered to disguise or remove that identifying tip. On some of the guns I've seen come through work the tip is built into the gun and would require painting the tip, some the tip is installed on the outside of the gun and is pinned or glued in place somewhat permenently, then some just simply thread on. I've known a guy for almost 20 years who now has an airsoft M-16 that has so many pieces that it shares with a real M-16 that he went to a gun shop and bought a barrel tip off the real thing and can swap to that for when he does tournaments with it then keep the orange tip when he needs it to be identafied as an airsoft gun off the field. Now if you're wondering about how visible those orange tips are, I'm just nearsighted enough to be able to not need an eyeglass restriction on my State of Illinois drivers license, but can see them without my glasses on from part way across the 6000 sq/ft store I work in when the guns are in a not that well lit portion of the store............I'm not even a gun person but can quickly spot that.

Those cops were close enough to the kid when they rolled up that if the tip was orange like it's supposed to be, it should have been blindingly obvious to them. If that barrel was altered in any way, shape, or form to hide or remove that orange and the kid pointed the thing at them, I really wouldn't blame them and if I were in their shoes, I would have probably gone for cover and found a non firearm way to protect myself (don't own a gun) if need be.

Last edited:
Back